Rudi Johnson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rudi Johnson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rudi Johnson...

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:16 pm

...ready to take charge again, or will he just be sharin' the load???

Bengals RB Johnson ready to get his roll on
By Carlos "Big C" Holmes
Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cincinnati Bengals running back Rudi Johnson missed five games of the 2007 season due to a nagging hamstring injury. Now that the eight-year veteran is fully recovered, he's chomping at the bit to get back on the playing field and make a statement for the Bengals in 2008.

During a one-on-one interview with Johnson in the locker room of OTA's last week, he talked about his expectations for the '08 season and the disappointments of last season.

"To have a great year, that's all," he said. "When I go out there on the field everything will take care of itself. I'm going to take care of myself and make sure every day that I am trying to get better. If I handle those things, I'll be straight."

The Bengals finished the '07 season with a 7-9 record and the offense failed to click on all cylinders. Many believe that the team's offensive struggles were due in larger part to Johnson's absence in the backfield.

con't...

resst of article: http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/conten ... gcweb.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rudi Johnson...

Postby MrTwo94 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:21 am

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6826

They'll be using a committee approach but Rudi will still get the majority of the touches. Does this mean 200 carries or 325? I don't know. Rudi looks to come cheap this year so if it is 325 then he could be carrying some teams who neglected RB's early.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Rudi is not a very skilled back, he put up numbers because he was force fed the ball 25 times a game and racked yards and TDs through small runs. If he is not getting at least 20 carriers per game (which is about the 325 MrTwo94 suggested), he is not worth having IMO.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:56 pm

he should probably be drafted as a #3 RB with some upside, but a lot of downside too...problem is he'll probably get drafted as a #2 in most leagues
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Rudi Johnson is an average NFL RB. Last season he proved that he can get injured. Cincinnati is a team on the offensive decline. I'm avoiding the situation entirely this year. It's just not worth it.

If I draft someone on that team it will be TJ Houshmanzilla and only if I can get him after the 3rd round as a WR#2.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:02 pm

I savor at the thought of Hous as my WR2. Too bad chances are I won't take a WR2 till at least the 4th
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm

John Clayton answering if Rudi can gain his previous form...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3491802
Seeing Johnson in minicamp was a revelation. He has worked out so hard this offseason -- he's a ball of muscles. It was amazing how quickly he was hitting the holes.

continued...

Scroll down a bit after clicking the link for the rest.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm not betting on him to return to form, but it's hard to go against a guy who will probably get 250+ carries...Rudi makes Watson irrelevant unless he misses a game completely, it seems like Watson is still getting hype off that one huge game he had, but I doubt he sees 10-15 carries consistently unless an injury happens, honestly the only guy I want in the backfield is Chris Perry.

He can't stay healthy as of recently, but 2 years ago he was an excellent PPR RB and when that offense was at its peak he was a huge reason why, his value is low in almost all drafts so I have been targeting him, if he is healthy and playing well he makes everyone else's job that much easier, that and physically he is above Watson and Irons, and alot more explosive then Rudi as well as being the best receiver out of the bunch...As far as Rudi, RB3 sure why not, but you almost have to grab Watson if you want Rudi just in case, then maybe you get lucky and Watson takes over if an injury happens, your worst case is Rudi plays like crap and he puts up a year similiar to the one Alexander had last year where he just looked sluggish, I'm not buying any of these off-season "he looks great in shorts" reports until I see pads on.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:23 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I'm not betting on him to return to form, but it's hard to go against a guy who will probably get 250+ carries...Rudi makes Watson irrelevant unless he misses a game completely, it seems like Watson is still getting hype off that one huge game he had, but I doubt he sees 10-15 carries consistently unless an injury happens, honestly the only guy I want in the backfield is Chris Perry.

He can't stay healthy as of recently, but 2 years ago he was an excellent PPR RB and when that offense was at its peak he was a huge reason why, his value is low in almost all drafts so I have been targeting him, if he is healthy and playing well he makes everyone else's job that much easier, that and physically he is above Watson and Irons, and alot more explosive then Rudi as well as being the best receiver out of the bunch...As far as Rudi, RB3 sure why not, but you almost have to grab Watson if you want Rudi just in case, then maybe you get lucky and Watson takes over if an injury happens, your worst case is Rudi plays like crap and he puts up a year similiar to the one Alexander had last year where he just looked sluggish, I'm not buying any of these off-season "he looks great in shorts" reports until I see pads on.

For this year, I would agree. Going forward beyond this year I think you have to give Kenny Irons a real shot too. The guy has the accolades to be a starter in the NFL, and if Perry were to get injured again I think it could mean his career. I can't see another team investing in him if that were to happen.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:17 pm

biju wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:I'm not betting on him to return to form, but it's hard to go against a guy who will probably get 250+ carries...Rudi makes Watson irrelevant unless he misses a game completely, it seems like Watson is still getting hype off that one huge game he had, but I doubt he sees 10-15 carries consistently unless an injury happens, honestly the only guy I want in the backfield is Chris Perry.

For this year, I would agree. Going forward beyond this year I think you have to give Kenny Irons a real shot too. The guy has the accolades to be a starter in the NFL, and if Perry were to get injured again I think it could mean his career. I can't see another team investing in him if that were to happen.

Very true, Irons has been having the same problems as Perry which is staying healthy, he got started off with the injuries and never got a good start to his career, but I do agree one more major injury for Perry and thats probably it for him and opens the door up for Irons, who also needs to show he can stay healthy and on the field.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer