My Crazy Day: US Open Related - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Crazy Day: US Open Related

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My Crazy Day: US Open Related

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:43 am

Metroid wrote:Man I just saw on ESPN First Take that the Golf Channel has reported that Tiger Woods is out for the rest of the season and requires another surgery on his knee...perhaps microfracture surgery. 8-o :-t

wow 8-o

I knew he was hiding something and was playing through pain, but are you serious? He nodded his head when they asked if he was playing against doctors orders. The guy was basically playing the US Open on one leg. That is crazy. I hope he does take the rest of the season off and can come back and play like Tiger really can next year so he can own the record for most majors.

I guess this means the US will be without him in the Ryder Cup :,-(
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:50 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Man I just saw on ESPN First Take that the Golf Channel has reported that Tiger Woods is out for the rest of the season and requires another surgery on his knee...perhaps microfracture surgery. 8-o :-t

wow 8-o

I knew he was hiding something and was playing through pain, but are you serious? He nodded his head when they asked if he was playing against doctors orders. The guy was basically playing the US Open on one leg. That is crazy. I hope he does take the rest of the season off and can come back and play like Tiger really can next year so he can own the record for most majors.

I guess this means the US will be without him in the Ryder Cup :,-(

I'd say him missing the Ryder Cup is a sure thing....I just hope he's able to come back strong next year....man you know how sketchy those microfracture surgeries can be. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 am

Theres a short article on Tigers site about it. Doesn't mention microfracture surgery which is good, I'm sure we'll hear much more in the next few days/weeks.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/defaultflash.sps
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:26 am

Tiger Woods To Undergo Reconstructive Knee Surgery and Miss Remainder of 2008 Season

Doctors assure Woods that long-term prognosis is very good with rehabilitation and training

Just days after winning the 2008 U.S. Open in a dramatic sudden-death playoff, Tiger Woods announced that he will be forced to undergo reconstructive Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) surgery on his left knee and will miss the remainder of the PGA TOUR season.

In addition to the knee surgery, Woods will require the time off to rehabilitate a double stress fracture of his left tibia that was discovered last month just prior to the Memorial Tournament. The stress fractures were attributed to Woods' intense rehabilitation and preparations for the U.S. Open. Doctors have assured Woods that the stress fractures will heal with time.

Full Story

It looks like it's not going to threaten his career, but this sucks all the same.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:37 am

I have to think that shutting it down for a year or more is seriously threatening his career. Anybody thats played(or tried to play golf in my case)knows that golf is all about repetition....thats quite a bit of time not swinging a club. I know I know...its Tiger Woods, the guy was born with a 9 iron in hand but still.
Metroid

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:46 pm

Metroid wrote:I have to think that shutting it down for a year or more is seriously threatening his career. Anybody thats played(or tried to play golf in my case)knows that golf is all about repetition....thats quite a bit of time not swinging a club. I know I know...its Tiger Woods, the guy was born with a 9 iron in hand but still.

Totally Wrong

It was a driver :-b :-b :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I think the "fracture" that people are talking about is the fracture in his leg. Not only did he win the US Open on a bum knee...he had a fractured leg as well. 8-o

This is not career threatening at all. He might be a little rusty next year when he 1st comes back, but the swing will come back after this type of surgery. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:08 pm

He'll be the same old Tiger in 2009. MIght take a little but he'll get back into the "swing" of things quickly when he gets back.

I'm shocked that a guy with a torn ACL just won the US Open. Are you kidding me?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:48 pm

SniperShot wrote:He'll be the same old Tiger in 2009. MIght take a little but he'll get back into the "swing" of things quickly when he gets back.

I'm shocked that a guy with a torn ACL just won the US Open. Are you kidding me?

I think it means he's kinda good. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:49 pm

or everyone else sucks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk