My Crazy Day: US Open Related - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Crazy Day: US Open Related

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My Crazy Day: US Open Related

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Could be. It's hard to say just how good Vijay and Phil and Ernie and Sergio or anyone else is at this point. I suppose you can compare scores from across eras if you compare the cut of the rough, course length and whatnot, and gauge the kind of competition that Tiger is facing compared to Nicklaus or Palmer, but I don't know if that would be accurate enough?

Tiger is just mentally tough, and clearly he has that edge over his opponents to a huge degree. I was pulling for Rocco because he's a cool "everyman" but at the same time, Tiger's career is so historic that it's a treat to watch.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:53 pm

If Sergio could putt he'd be huge.

Phil's got the short game but he seems to lose it when it really matters. Ernie hasn't been the same in my opinion since missing a year with his own knee issues.

These are really competitive and good days for golf though let me tell you that. There's Tiger and then there's 5 or 6 guys right below him that are also in most discussions. It's really amazing.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:56 pm

SniperShot wrote:If Sergio could putt he'd be huge.

Phil's got the short game but he seems to lose it when it really matters. Ernie hasn't been the same in my opinion since missing a year with his own knee issues.

These are really competitive and good days for golf though let me tell you that. There's Tiger and then there's 5 or 6 guys right below him that are also in most discussions. It's really amazing.

Segio would also have to get over his mind, the guy is a total head case, not to mention an a-hole
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:02 pm

I like Sergio. I find him fun to root for. Maybe because of the excitement when he first came onto the scene. I remember people thought he would become Tigers rival. Turned out Tiger can't really have a rival... And Sergio couldn't putt.

I hope he wins a major sometime the dude's gone for so long without winning a major. Maybe he has a decent shot to win the British or PGA now that Tigers gonna be out. He should have won the British last year if he could only make a 7 foot putt...

Was nice to see Davis Love III up there for a while last week too. He faded on the weekend like usual these days but I'll also be rooting for him these Tigerless days of golf. I wonder what kind of ratings the final 2 majors will get without Tiger in them.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:47 pm

SniperShot wrote:I like Sergio. I find him fun to root for. Maybe because of the excitement when he first came onto the scene. I remember people thought he would become Tigers rival. Turned out Tiger can't really have a rival... And Sergio couldn't putt.

I hope he wins a major sometime the dude's gone for so long without winning a major. Maybe he has a decent shot to win the British or PGA now that Tigers gonna be out. He should have won the British last year if he could only make a 7 foot putt...

Was nice to see Davis Love III up there for a while last week too. He faded on the weekend like usual these days but I'll also be rooting for him these Tigerless days of golf. I wonder what kind of ratings the final 2 majors will get without Tiger in them.

He has talent, that isn't a question. I just find his constant whining and b----ing to be a bit much and make me want to tell him to just shut up and play.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 am

I deserve a medal for starting a thread on golf that lasted more than 2 pages. ;-7 :-b ;-)

We knew Tiger had a bum knee. I can't believe that he fractured his leg 2 weeks ago, still played, & actually won. This will go down as one of the best golf tournaments ever. ;-D

There's already an article about how Tiger will be back stronger than ever after this type of surgery and the full time to rehab:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/art ... 65,00.html

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Beyond the fracture, this guy has dominated golf for welve months on a torn ACL. This means one of three things:

1. He is that good.
2. They are that bad.
3. Golfers aren't athletes.

:-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:16 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Beyond the fracture, this guy has dominated golf for welve months on a torn ACL. This means one of three things:

1. He is that good.
2. They are that bad.

2 out of three are correct. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Beyond the fracture, this guy has dominated golf for welve months on a torn ACL. This means one of three things:

1. He is that good.
2. They are that bad.

2 out of three are correct. :-D

So, he's not really that good ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Previous

Return to General Talk