Jerious Norwood? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerious Norwood?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerious Norwood?

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:57 am

What do you guys think of this guy? He's been a backup/change of pace back his whole career, and yet has averaged over 6 yards a carry for the past 2 years! Is there any chance that the Falcons will give Norwood a better role in the offense despite Turner being the starter? Also, could he be a good buy low option in a dynasty league?
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jerious Norwood?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:38 am

I see him maintaining the role has had the past two years. I do not think the Falcons throw that kind of money Turner's way if they did not want him to the bellcow in the backfield. Norwood will still get touches because he has got talent, but the Turner signing indicates to me that the Falcons think Norwood's best utilized when in a change of pace role. Might be a good buy low in a dynasty since he could get out of Atlanta in a couple years, but in a rebuilding offense with a talented back ahead of him I do not see much short-term value.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:55 pm

agreed, he's loaded with talent but isn't really gonna get the playing time, he'll get a few carries and always has the potential for a huge TD run but those will even be few and far between.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:59 pm

eagles21 wrote:Also, could he be a good buy low option in a dynasty league?

Could be. I wouldn't pay anything more for him than say a RB4 or 5 depending on how deep your rosters are.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ninremix » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 am

I have him on my team because i own turner ... He is the one of the best backup RB IMO just like Tuner was for LT.
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:11 am

I'm sure the Falcons have their reasons, but I cannot figure out how a running back who averages over six yards a tote, with tremendous home run ability, has been riding the pine behind Warrick Dunn and now Mike Turner. Guy just seems like one of those players with the ability to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. I'd definitely take him late and hope that Turner either fails or gets dinged up. Norwood has extremely high upside and would certainly be worth taking during the mid/late rounds of a draft.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasyfirefighter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:48 am

With the coaching change in Atlanta, it wouldn't surprise me to see Norwood more involved in the offense. As was said above, obviously, Turner was brought in the be the feature back, but I honestly think Norwood will get more touches each game this season. I could even see some 2 back sets where Norwood runs out as an extra WR to create a mismatch. I don't think 10-12 touches a game would be too hard for him to get. He is an excellent handcuff for Turner owners as well.
fantasyfirefighter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 am

fantasyfirefighter wrote:With the coaching change in Atlanta, it wouldn't surprise me to see Norwood more involved in the offense. As was said above, obviously, Turner was brought in the be the feature back, but I honestly think Norwood will get more touches each game this season. I could even see some 2 back sets where Norwood runs out as an extra WR to create a mismatch. I don't think 10-12 touches a game would be too hard for him to get. He is an excellent handcuff for Turner owners as well.

considering the amount of money they paid Turner, I doubt they'll be taking that many carries away from him, especially earlier on in the season.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Stelly » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Definitely a situation I will be monitoring over the pre-season. One of my keeper options is to keep Norwood as a 12th round pick, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 pm

How good of a receiver is Norwood? And for that matter, Turner? Is there a chance Norwood's value could go up quite a bit in a PPR or is Turner good enough of a receiver that it won't be that much of a factor.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk