Jerious Norwood? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerious Norwood?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jerious Norwood?

Postby TGM » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:19 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:How good of a receiver is Norwood? And for that matter, Turner? Is there a chance Norwood's value could go up quite a bit in a PPR or is Turner good enough of a receiver that it won't be that much of a factor.

Norwood had 28 receptions last season in limited action. He is a good receiver out of the backfield. Turner has a total of 11 career receptions.

Basically I see Norwood having value as a potential #3 RB/Flex position, even more so in a PPR. As mentioned, he's a good receiver. And, I think he'll get anywhere between 10-15 touches a game (with the possibly of taking it to the house anytime he touches the ball). And, he's a must handcuff for Turner owners. If anything happens to Turner, I'd look at Norwood as a solid #2 RB in a PPR.
TGM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:50 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:How good of a receiver is Norwood? And for that matter, Turner? Is there a chance Norwood's value could go up quite a bit in a PPR or is Turner good enough of a receiver that it won't be that much of a factor.

This is why I'm targeting Norwood quite alot as a sleeper in PPR league. He is a very good receiver. Turner is not. So I could definitely see him as a good third down back. Not to mention if anything DOES happen to Turner I think Norwood has the talent to capitalize on it it.

Talented backs almost always end up getting a chance at some point. Guys like Norwood are worth taking a chance on, IMO.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki Fan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Norwood also should get extra attention in leagues that count return yardage.

1317 return yards on top of his other production is nothing to sneeze at.
Tiki Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Football Talk