These are a few of my "Least" Favorite things... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

These are a few of my "Least" Favorite things...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: These are a few of my "Least" Favorite things...

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 pm

This is probably why these commercials are so great:

link wrote:It all started in 2002 with the Pete and TJ ("Two Guys") campaign and the "Couples" were added in 2005 with the introduction of Molly and Brian. "Molly and Brian are working improv actors (their full names are Molly Erdman and Brian Huskey). This campaign is unique because it is completely improvisational and unscripted, which is unheard of in the industry. We actually shoot the commercials on lot at a Sonic Drive-In, give the actors an index card with a concept and begin rolling the cameras," said Sara Laughlin, Barkley senior account manager.

"The concept for the campaign was to play a bit off reality TV (no directors, only cameras) and to let customers feel like the Two Guys and Molly and Brian really represented them."

Laughlin says what's funny is they receive calls and e-mails directed to the two guys and the couple by name, yet the names have been used only occasionally in ads. Will there be more husband-wife banter coming from Molly and Brian? Oh, you bet. "We're just beginning to scratch the surface," Laughlin said.

link wrote:Driver: I really like this Island Fire Burger.

Passenger: Mm. I didn't know it was going to be spicy.

Driver: Www ... why wouldn't you know that? It's called the Island Fire Burger.

Passenger: Yeah, I know what it's called. I just didn't know it was gonna be spicy.

Driver: (Staring in bewilderment) Island Fire ... What do you think they would do if ...

Passenger: You can move your head as much as you want. All I'm saying is I didn't know it was gonna be spicy.

As usual, the transcript does no justice to the delivery, which is simply hilarious. The actors are improv artists -- the deadpan Peter Grosz and the excitable T.J. Jagodowski -- who have done 115 of these video blackouts since 2003, playing two pals whose close friendship seems to be based on mutual contempt bordering on loathing. Their whole relationship seems to be based on finding fault with one another, but the dialogue -- improvised as it is -- is so wonderfully unstilted and genuine that you just love them both.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: These are a few of my

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Awesome. I love the Sonic commercials and there were a few in there I hadn't seen. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm not that into the two girls ones. They're not as good as the two dudes, or the husband/wife. The moustache one is absolutely hilarious.

Totally agree, they're not as funny but that moustache one kills me. :-b

Weird thing is, in my area we didn't have a Sonic till just a year ago or so yet we've had the commercials for quite a bit longer than that...I think I remember seeing them in Eugene but I don't think there's a Sonic any where near there either. :-?

yeah...we just recently got one in Michigan but i used to see the commercials for YEARS before that...usually on like an ESPN or Comedy Central...assuming they just pay to advertise during that show cross country knowing it wont hit all markets
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Back to answering the original question on the topic, I'd have to say one of the things is the show House of Payne. It is CONSTANTLY on and it is just HORRIBLE. I have never laughed while watching that show and I've given it a few chances. I'm at the point where I'll watch Deal or No Deal instead of it, and I think Deal or No Deal is the stupidest premise for a show ever.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:53 am

one of mine is seeing this thread at the top of the forum. is there a way to pin this to the bottom?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm

moonhead wrote:one of mine is seeing this thread at the top of the forum. is there a way to pin this to the bottom?

Wasn't posting that counterproductive? :-?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:07 pm

bump...for you moonheAD! :-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:50 am

bump for bago
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:56 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
moonhead wrote:one of mine is seeing this thread at the top of the forum. is there a way to pin this to the bottom?

Wasn't posting that counterproductive? :-?

trust me the irony was not lost on me. thanks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 am

Tyeattolah wrote:bump...for you moonheAD! :-D

thanks good buddy. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk