Finalized Rules/Regulations/Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

Finalized Rules/Regulations/Scoring

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Finalized Rules/Regulations/Scoring

Postby boojumsnark25 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:00 pm

DRAFT
Draft start is June 23rd. It will be a 25 round draft (Yahoo! leagues only permit 25 players on a team). There will be a 24 hour limit to pick. If you know you can't be here to make your pick, PM me or someone else a list of a few players you want in order of preference and I will make the pick for you. If you miss the pick, you can make up your pick whenever you want, but you would fall back to that pick. For example, if you have the 1st pick and you forget to pick, you can come back after the 5th person has picked, but you would only be using the 6th pick. Trading picks is allowed, just post it in the trades thread.

TIMELINES

Every year the rookie/FA draft will start on June 1st.
First waiver wire will open on July 15th for ONE set of claims to be processed.
Second waiver wire will open September 1st for ONE set of claims to be processed.
Waiver wire will proceed as normal after the first set of games for each season.

ROOKIE DRAFTS

For 2010 and forward we will utilize a 4 round rookie/FA draft. All free agents will be included within the draft. You will make your picks and then do a cut down immediately following the draft to get to the 30 man roster maximum. You will be required as explained above to cut your rosters prior to the WW opening.

If your roster is not at 28 (30 in 2010) after the draft then that will be your issue. You will be abel to fill it during one of the WW claim periods or during open FA in season.

League Management

We will be using Fleaflicker for our league

PLAYOFFS

6 teams will make the playoffs. The playoffs will be three weeks, and they will occur from weeks 14-16

SCORING

1 point per 25 yards passing
4 points per passing touchdown
-2 points per interception

1 point per 10 yards rushing
6 points per rushing touchdown
-2 for fumbles lost (this is for every player)

1 point per 10 receiving yards
1 point per reception
6 points per receiving touchdown

Fractional Scoring will be in play. Ex. 19 yards counts for 1.9 points instead of 1.

Field Goals:
XP - 1
0-39 yards - 3
40-49 yards - 4
50 and above - 5

Defense:
1 point per sack
2 points per interception
2 points per fumble recovery
6 points per defensive/special teams touchdown
2 points per safety
2 points per blocked kick

0 points allowed - 10 points
1 to 6 points allowed - 7 points
7 to 13 points allowed - 4 points
14 to 20 points allowed - 1points
21 to 27 points allowed - 0 points
28+ points allowed - -4 points

TRADES
Trading of picks and players is allowed and encouraged. Before the draft is over and our Yahoo! league is established, post your completed trade in the trade forum and have the other member confirm it. I will then review the trade. Looking at our list of members, I can't foresee us having any problems. However, if there is evidence of collusion in a trade, I will veto it. Notice I said collusion; I won't veto a trade if it is a little one sided or unfair. However, if it is Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson for Rex Grossman, I'm going to send it back.

Trading of rookie picks is encouraged but only as far as ONE future year. EG: 2010 picks can be traded in 2009 but not 2011 picks.

ROSTERS
Our rosters will be 28 (30 starting in 2010) players. The starting requirements will be:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
Team Defense

19 (21 in 2010) bench spots

As you can see, there are no set regulations for the bench (i.e., there aren't any rules stating that you must have 3 IDP players on your bench. The bench is completely up to the owner of the team.

WAIVER WIRE
We will be using a waiver system for all adds/drops. A player will be on waivers for three days after he is dropped. Waiver priority will be the reverse order of the draft for the first week.

Waiver wire will be reverse order of the previous season for all 3 waiver starts. On July 15th you can put in as many claims as you want but it will only be once, the wire will then clsoe again for camps and preseason. On September 1st the same will happen. You can put in as many claims as you want but only on September 1st. The wire will then close until after the week 1 games. The wire will then proceed as normal throughout the season.

Please note, that when Fleaflicker institutes the auction we will utilize that format. It is scheduled for this season (2009) but has not started as of yet.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Proposed Rules/Regulations/Scoring

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Allright dude, you got me confused.

1) 25 round draft, the max yahoo allows but then...

"Our rosters will be 26 players. This will accomodate a 20 round offensive draft and a 6 round IDP draft."

2) Roster req's are listed as below, but there is no mention of IDP and then there is a team D listed. Not to mention 25 spots.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
Team Defense

16 bench spots

3) Scoring looks pretty good. Would change the QB TD to 4 and the defensive TD to 6. But am not much fussed either way. Fumbles penalized???

4) Always been a fan of the 6 team playoff. Nice ;-D

5) No PPR for RB???
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Patchell » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Looks good to me.

I would prefer 4 points per passing TD's, and 6 for defensive TD's but I can live with how you have it too.

And bungle, I think the 1ppr is for everyone not just WR's.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby boojumsnark25 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:46 pm

bungle613 wrote:Allright dude, you got me confused.

1) 25 round draft, the max yahoo allows but then...

"Our rosters will be 26 players. This will accomodate a 20 round offensive draft and a 6 round IDP draft."

2) Roster req's are listed as below, but there is no mention of IDP and then there is a team D listed. Not to mention 25 spots.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
Team Defense

16 bench spots

3) Scoring looks pretty good. Would change the QB TD to 4 and the defensive TD to 6. But am not much fussed either way. Fumbles penalized???

4) Always been a fan of the 6 team playoff. Nice ;-D

5) No PPR for RB???

Whoops sorry about the IDPs, I copied any pasted some of this from another league I started. No IDPs in this league.

We can change the scoring if enough people want to.

...Where did you see that there wouldnt be PPR for RBs?
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 pm

My error, just saw it under the receiving area and not under rushing. Should have known better.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:43 am

Great proposal on trades, I'm with you, ONLY collusion, I've seen trades go through with managers who are looking down the line, one guy traded Alexander early in the season and everyone bashed him until he broke down shortly after, everybody has their own agenda and I know most the guys in this league, doubt anyone is making a trade to make their team worse.

Also just wanted to add that a 24 time limit on picks is pretty long, would 12 serve everyone ok? Thats not a fast pace, its really only 2 picks per day, and if you want you can stop the clock at midnite and start it back at 6am or something, most of us are active as is, and at that rate we would only be at 1 round per week if we go per the clock...With clocks that way, if somebody won't be around they can send a big board which would only need a list of players for their next picks...Just a suggestion though since 25 rds is extremely long.

Of course if people are online during the drafts and knocking picks out, it could go ALOT faster, we would just have to try to get guys online to get a couple picks in a row done.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:49 am

I am a fan of 6 points per passing touchdown, so maybe we need a vote to determine how those will be scored.

I also am in favor of 6 points per defensive touchdown and penalizing fumbles lost.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:57 am

12 hour clock is tough. Guy on the west coast picks at 10 p.m. eastern time. Guy on the east coast then only has until 10 a.m. to pick. NO good since 80% of that time he is asleep.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby yankeekd25 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:59 am

mikus wrote:I am a fan of 6 points per passing touchdown, so maybe we need a vote to determine how those will be scored.

I also am in favor of 6 points per defensive touchdown and penalizing fumbles lost.

I believe passing TDs should be 4 points, and defensive tds should be 6.
Last edited by yankeekd25 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yankeekd25
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby boojumsnark25 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am

mikus wrote:I am a fan of 6 points per passing touchdown, so maybe we need a vote to determine how those will be scored.

I'm for fumbles lost too...i just forgot to add that in.

I'd prefer to stick with 24 as well, for reasons stated.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Horse Traders