Unsportsmanlike Conduct? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

Moderator: Football Moderators

response

Postby bruuno2 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:12 am

As commissioner in our 12team yahoo league for 4 years i say this:Have a live draft,And have a Minimum of at least $50.00 to join.When money is involved people tend to pay attention.This usually filters out the jokers.You are definately getting ripped.NP
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:25 am

send him a link to this discussion to show him what a jackass he is being.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby zombiez » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:47 am

sounds like you need a new commish.......its not fair at all< I would call all the other team owners together and try to resolve this , sounds like your league needs a little restructureing
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby NDIrish02 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:58 pm

This is why you should always have some embarressing penalty for finishing last. Has to be in a league w/ people you know, but we always have the last 2 teams have a playoff, loser having to do something like wear a diaper at the super bowl party, a clown suit to a bar, dress up as a gay pirate for a day, fun stuff like that. Good times...

as for your league: no way, don't let him do it. Mid-season changes of any type should never be done, this definately shady. If he did it, and there was no money involved, I would just release my whole team on pure principle. Thats just me though...
NDIrish02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Epilogue

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:55 pm

Sure enough, 5 minutes before game time, he took over the team and added players, etc. I opened two browsers at once and managed to flush half my team onto the waiver wire, including Manning and Bulger, before he locked my team down. Then, I pasted this thread into the league comments section, whereupon he deleted it and locked my posting ability, but not before I managed to change my team name to "n/a". Hopefully, I made his league is a little less fun for him.

It really sucks. I'm pretty bummed. I liked that team, and I liked it's chances. I'm in more than one league, but I was really looking forward to how this one would wind up. Pretty sleazy, eh? I hope my dumping my players has some positive result on that commissioner's mentality. He's probably calculating how he can pick my players up right now...

Here's the address to the league site if you want to see the scene of the combat zone--of course the latest post on the subject, mine, was deleted minutes after I posted it--it was this thread.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... lid=261442

And, if you're really inspired by this, you could always drop him a note and tell him what you think:

mailto:jdoggg70@hotmail.com

Oh well.
Aaron

Friendliness: %

Postby Kitchener » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:06 pm

Class is more than putting one's napkin on their lap in a restaurant. Obviously the commissioner's some kid.
Kitchener

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk