Darren McFadden - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Darren McFadden

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Darren McFadden

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:14 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I've seen his game compared by some to Robert Smith, and I like that parallel. A guy who will hammer out a lot of short runs before breaking a big run. A threat every time he touches the field, but never a guy who is a stud in NFL or fantasy circles. And that's no knock on McFadden, as most RB's would be lucky to have the type of career and abilities Smith had, but I just do not see superstardom in his future.

This is a fair assesment I think, and I agree with the statement 100%. I am not saying McFadden will bust, just that he is not going to be the stud back everyone thinks he will be.

Everyone??? I never said he was gonna be a stud, and lots of others have never stated that either when voicing their support of him, just that he'll be a decent RB.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:33 am

stomperrob wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I've seen his game compared by some to Robert Smith, and I like that parallel. A guy who will hammer out a lot of short runs before breaking a big run. A threat every time he touches the field, but never a guy who is a stud in NFL or fantasy circles. And that's no knock on McFadden, as most RB's would be lucky to have the type of career and abilities Smith had, but I just do not see superstardom in his future.

This is a fair assesment I think, and I agree with the statement 100%. I am not saying McFadden will bust, just that he is not going to be the stud back everyone thinks he will be.

Everyone??? I never said he was gonna be a stud, and lots of others have never stated that either when voicing their support of him, just that he'll be a decent RB.

It was a hyperbole. I wasn't pointing anyone out. My point is that when you see where he is being drafted in these mock drafts I think it is safe to say that A LOT of people think he will be a stud. The guy is going in the second and third rounds, which is earlier than AD went last year in redrafts.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 am

question to Dray: with all this would you still take him #1 in a rookie draft as most would?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:13 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:question to Dray: with all this would you still take him #1 in a rookie draft as most would?

I can answer that for dee as I know his answer and I'm here :-) . No way. There are two RBs better than him in dynasty rookie drafts.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 am

treat24 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:question to Dray: with all this would you still take him #1 in a rookie draft as most would?

I can answer that for dee as I know his answer and I'm here :-) . No way. There are two RBs better than him in dynasty rookie drafts.

Mendenhall and stewart?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:29 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
treat24 wrote:

Mendenhall and stewart?

Yep, Treat is right.

I would take Mendy and Stewart over McFadden in a heartbeat.

I like Mendy a little better over his career than Stewy (although many feel stewy is a little better) In the short term I take Stewy ;-D

you really can't go wrong with either IMO, they are both very talented backs, in good situations (Mendy will be when FWP is gone), and have the talents to be very good NFL backs.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:54 am

I don't know why anyone would take McFadden over Stewart, i prefer goal line backs and thats what Stewart is guaranteed at the very least, not only that, but he reminds you of a faster Marion Barber, I love backs who can run inside and outside with a good blend of size/power, more so then smaller fast breakaway backs...If anything Stewart will rack up alot more TD's then McFadden and if Delhomme is healthy the offense is alot better...I like Stewart to have the biggest rookie impact right away.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Everyone??? I never said he was gonna be a stud, and lots of others have never stated that either when voicing their support of him, just that he'll be a decent RB.

It was a hyperbole. I wasn't pointing anyone out. My point is that when you see where he is being drafted in these mock drafts I think it is safe to say that A LOT of people think he will be a stud. The guy is going in the second and third rounds, which is earlier than AD went last year in redrafts.

;-D ;-D I don't think you'll see him going that high in later drafts (unless he has a really phenominal training camp), and definitely not in Cafe leagues.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:02 pm

stomperrob wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Everyone??? I never said he was gonna be a stud, and lots of others have never stated that either when voicing their support of him, just that he'll be a decent RB.

;-D ;-D I don't think you'll see him going that high in later drafts (unless he has a really phenominal training camp), and definitely not in Cafe leagues.

Yea, I agree on both counts. I think in one of my money leagues (a bunch if guys from school are in it), I am going to hype him up and see if someone will grab him in the second :-D ;-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:00 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Yea, I agree on both counts. I think in one of my money leagues (a bunch if guys from school are in it), I am going to hype him up and see if someone will grab him in the second :-D ;-)

I just checked Yahoo leagues ADP (draft that is, not Peterson, lol!) and so far on average McFadden is the 18th RB off the board (51st player overall) and is going in the middle of the 5th round. I think a lot of these early leagues are public leagues, so it's actually kinda surprising he is falling that low considering some are so high on him (if he's averaging the 5th round, then for every league he's being grabbed early he's falling past the 5th in others).

RB's - ADP:

Player Avg Pick Avg Round Percent Drafted
LaDainian Tomlinson (SD - RB) 1.3, 1.0, 100%
Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) 2.2, 1.0, 100%
Steven Jackson (StL - RB) 4.2, 1.0, 100%
Brian Westbrook (Phi - RB) 5.0, 1.0, 100%
Joseph Addai (Ind - RB) 6.3, 1.0, 100%
Marion Barber (Dal - RB) 8.7, 1.2, 100%
Frank Gore (SF - RB) 10.8, 1.5, 100%
Clinton Portis (Was - RB) 12.5, 1.8, 100%

Marshawn Lynch (Buf - RB) 14.4, 2.0, 100%
Larry Johnson (KC - RB) 14.8, 2.0, 100%
Ryan Grant (GB - RB) 17.3, 2.1, 100%
Willis McGahee (Bal - RB) 20.8, 2.4, 100%
Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB) 24.3, 2.9, 100%

Laurence Maroney (NE - RB) 33.4, 3.8, 100%

Brandon Jacobs (NYG - RB) 37.3, 4.1, 100%
Ronnie Brown (Mia - RB) 40.4, 4.4, 100%

Jamal Lewis (Cle - RB) 45.7, 5.0, 100%
Darren McFadden (Oak - RB) 51.4, 5.6, 100%
Willie Parker (Pit - RB) 52.8, 5.8, 100%

Michael Turner (Atl - RB) 61.5, 6.6, 100%
Reggie Bush (NO - RB) 62.7, 6.8, 100%

Edgerrin James (Ari - RB) 81.3, 8.5, 100%
Earnest Graham (TB - RB) 81.6, 8.7, 100%

Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB) 87.7, 9.3, 100%
Thomas Jones (NYJ - RB) 90.1, 9.5, 100%
LenDale White (Ten - RB) 92.8, 9.6, 99%
Matt Forte (Chi - RB) 94.0, 9.7, 97%

Rudi Johnson (Cin - RB) 96.2, 10.0, 87%
Julius Jones (Sea - RB) 100.2, 10.4, 55%
Selvin Young (Den - RB) 100.6, 10.5, 52%
Fred Taylor (Jac - RB) 101.5, 10.5, 74%
Kevin Smith (Det - RB) 102.4, 10.5, 87%

Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB) 108.5, 11.3, 44%
Felix Jones (Dal - RB) 111.8, 11.6, 29%
Chester Taylor (Min - RB) 114.6, 11.9, 32%

Adrian Peterson (Chi - RB) 115.8, 12.0, 3%
Deuce McAllister (NO - RB) 117.2, 12.2, 28%
Justin Fargas (Oak - RB) 117.8, 12.2, 20%

(I split them up by average round taken)

rest of list and other positions: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... sis?pos=RB
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk