Matt Forte - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matt Forte

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Matt Forte

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:bears are in for a long season, but i think forte will be one of their strengths

So basically you think Forte will be their forte! :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm

stomperrob wrote:
ttwarrior1 wrote:bears are in for a long season, but i think forte will be one of their strengths

That joke was Forte Star Bad Rob. :-B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 am

Kilroy wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

That joke was Forte Star Bad Rob. :-B

you guys must be Forte Year Old Virgins with those lame jokes
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Sorry, that one was just too hard to resist! :-B :-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Idonije » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:35 pm

If Forte can stay healthy, one would have to assume he will have to put up decent numbers. I think this is not a case of him being the greatest thing since sliced bread(I hope he is), but that their passing offense is going to be pretty pathetic. I have also read that he has solid hands, and I see a lot of dump offs from whoever wins the QB job.
Idonije
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Idonije wrote:If Forte can stay healthy, one would have to assume he will have to put up decent numbers. I think this is not a case of him being the greatest thing since sliced bread(I hope he is), but that their passing offense is going to be pretty pathetic. I have also read that he has solid hands, and I see a lot of dump offs from whoever wins the QB job.

Most of that depends on how well the o-line rebounds with changes. Chris Williams needs to pick up playing LT quick and a LG needs to be found. Williams was also better known for his pass blocking rather than his run blocking too, so there's that to think about. Overall, if the o-line plays as badly as it did last year, Forte won't be generating much yards/points no matter how many carries he gets.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Idonije » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 am

beanoX3 wrote:
Idonije wrote:If Forte can stay healthy, one would have to assume he will have to put up decent numbers. I think this is not a case of him being the greatest thing since sliced bread(I hope he is), but that their passing offense is going to be pretty pathetic. I have also read that he has solid hands, and I see a lot of dump offs from whoever wins the QB job.

Most of that depends on how well the o-line rebounds with changes. Chris Williams needs to pick up playing LT quick and a LG needs to be found. Williams was also better known for his pass blocking rather than his run blocking too, so there's that to think about. Overall, if the o-line plays as badly as it did last year, Forte won't be generating much yards/points no matter how many carries he gets.

Of course much of Forte's numbers this year will depend on the O-Line, but what they put out there this year will most likely be improved over the garbage they sent out on the field last season. Fred Miller really showed his age last year, and a combination of Williams/Tait will certainly be better than Tait/Miller. I also think that the Bears getting rid of Benson will benefit the ground game in more than the obvious reasons though(namely Benson being so poor at pass blockingreceiving that opposing defenses almost certainly knew what was coming depending on Benson or Peterson being in the game).
Idonije
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:28 am

Bears have finally signed Forte:

Bears' Matt Forte agrees to 4-year deal
By Vaughn McClure | Tribune reporter
11:47 PM CDT, July 2, 2008

Many in the Bears organization have raved about Matt Forte as if he already is assured a Pro Bowl spot in the near future.

Offensive coordinator Ron Turner said he is confident enough to use the rookie in any offensive set. Linebackers Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher have gushed about Forte's flashes at practice.

Even the guys at the Bachrach clothing store at Woodfield Mall said Alex Brown stopped in and couldn't stop talking about Forte.

Ex-Bear Benson ordered to get alcohol car lock If the 6-foot-2-inch, 222-pound Forte can live up to a portion of the hype, it should provide a boost for the Bears' struggling running game.

The official start of the Forte Era inched closer Wednesday, with the Bears agreeing to terms with the second-round pick (44th overall) on a four-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Forte is likely to receive more guaranteed money than last year's 44th pick, receiver Sidney Rice of Minnesota. Rice's guarantee was reported to be around $2.6 million.

con't...

rest of story: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... 5035.story
stomperrob

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:34 am

Forte being in on time is huge. I can't wait to watch this guy play in the preseason. I admittedly never saw him play in college so I want to see what he looks like out there before I make a decision on him.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am

VaderFin wrote:Forte being in on time is huge. I can't wait to watch this guy play in the preseason. I admittedly never saw him play in college so I want to see what he looks like out there before I make a decision on him.

Check out YouTube. There are some pretty decent highlight film of him there. It is not going to be a great thing, but it will show you a little bit of film on him. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk