Matt Forte

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Matt Forte

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:43 am

I'm not much of a highlight film guy. They are too biased for me. :-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:11 pm

VaderFin wrote:I'm not much of a highlight film guy. They are too biased for me. :-D

Very true, although I noticed some of his flaws in his highlight films O:-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:23 pm

From: http://www.fantasyfootball.com/articles/free/index.html?article_id=14280

Matt Forte

Staff Ranking: 32.33
Average Draft Position (ADP): 80.09

Forte was selected in the second round of this year’s draft (44th overall). He played his college ball at Tulane and that could be a concern since the Green Wave don’t play the toughest schedule on the planet. But he did average 177.3 yards a game as a senior. He doesn’t do anything great, but he plays hard and is well balanced in all facets of his game. The Bears thought enough of Forte that they waived Benson, so they must have confidence in him. The thing to remember about Forte is he is a rookie and not all rookies perform like Adrian Peterson (MIN). Forte will likely start for the Bears, but we don’t project over a 1,000 yards rushing or more than five TDs. Forte has decent hands, but don’t expect a ton of catches from him as Adrian Peterson (CHI) or Garrett Wolfe will likely be in the game on 3rd downs. The Bears offense could still struggle mightily this season and there will be growing pains for Forte.

Summary

By default, Matt Forte is the guy to draft in Chicago this season as a fantasy running back. However, don’t overspend for him. The Bears offense will struggle with a mediocre quarterback and very mediocre receivers, so teams will stack the line and won’t give much to Forte in the running game. He will make a nice bye week replacement, but don’t draft him too early because you are hyped. Remember, he’s still a rookie. And though he hasn’t failed you yet, this is Chicago we’re talking about. On the flip side, keeper league owners should scoop him up because he will likely be the starting running back for the Bears for the next 3-5 years. Peterson will be the 3rd down back and may get a start or two if Forte is injured. He may get 5-10 carries a game, but won’t do much for your fantasy squad. Wolfe is merely holding a roster spot for the Bears and may see some action on 3rd downs. I wish I could say more positive things about the Bears running backs or the Bears offense, but quite frankly it just isn’t that impressive.

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Forte earning respect for his attitude
David Haugh | On the Bears
July 29, 2008
BOURBONNAIS

Witnesses say it's a good thing rookie running back Matt Forte carries the football better than he can carry a tune.

A few days ago Forte stood up in the team dining hall and followed the orders of veteran center Olin Kreutz like all good rookies do. Forte wasn't immune to the NFL rite of passage just because he looks like he will be as important to the offense as any veteran.

Bears training camp action Photos "You stand and say your name, your school and your signing bonus and then sing the fight song,'' said Forte, a Tulane University product. "At least I knew the words.''

Forte's light-hearted hazing off the field has been complemented by some heavy hits on it. After one inside-run drill Sunday, for example, defensive end Mark Anderson gave Forte a shove. Then during a similar session Monday, safety Brandon McGowan clocked Forte as a way of welcoming him into the league.

con't...

rest of article: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... 990.column
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Matt Forte will start exhibition against Chiefs
Grossman, Orton deemed 'co-starters'
By Vaughn McClure | Tribune Reporter
11:33 PM CDT, August 4, 2008

BOURBONNAIS - As he stopped to answer questions for probably the hundredth time this training camp, Bears rookie running back Matt Forte couldn't help but hear teammate Alex Brown chirping in the background.

"Gosh, he hasn't rushed for no yards yet," Brown joked. "He hasn't even got a first down. Let him pick up a third-and-1."

Forte will get his chance soon enough.

The team's depth chart for Thursday night's exhibition was released, and Forte is scheduled to start at running back against the Kansas City Chiefs.

The rookie second-round pick from Tulane had been starting practices with the second team, behind Adrian Peterson, up until Monday.

"It's not like he's been running all 2's," running backs coach Tim Spencer said. "He's probably been getting more reps than anybody at the 1's. Adrian Peterson would get the first couple, then Matt would get the second half.

con't...

rest of article: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... 7859.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby mikus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Well this will give us our first view of the guy. Hopefully he performs well, so guys like me (aka his backers) can continue to push for the guy. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby BMcP » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:13 am

Rotoworld's reporting that KJ might not start on the PUP list after all (per local Chicago paper) - any thoughts?
BMcP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:01 pm

kevin jones tore his acl in december, there is no way in hell that he can come back in the beginning of the year, PUP list or not, and be the same. it's impossible. he might be back to form towards the second half of the season. i'm a little more wary on forte than i was before, but i still think he will get at least 250 carries.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby shaba » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm

IMO Forte has the best opportunity to get the most touches of any rookie RB. However the only this which hurts him is the suspect offense he's in.
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby mikus » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:32 pm

shaba wrote:IMO Forte has the best opportunity to get the most touches of any rookie RB. However the only this which hurts him is the suspect offense he's in.

Right. If, somehow, the Bears can manage a passing attack, much of the pressure will be lifted off Forte's shoulders and he should be able to succeed. But that is going to require Grossman/Orton/Whoever to be successful from the get-go this season, otherwise Forte will be suffocated.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk