2007 Season/Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2007 Season/Draft

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sat May 19, 2007 9:44 pm

Fantastic job MSB! Thanks for keeping abreast of the situation. Darn avatar seeping into my mind.

I know it's early, but is it too soon to start jonesin' for the season to start?

BTW, is Cornbread Maxwell gone for good? Haven't seen a peep from him in forever.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat May 19, 2007 10:20 pm

I love this league! I can't thank both you, MSB, and Santacruzer enough for taking the time to oversee the league. Bravo lads ;-D ;-D ;-D

The lowest weekly score has got to wear the sig of shame. It's as much a tradition as Millen sucking.
As long as we have enough teams two seperate divisions worked pretty nicely. I am already working feverishly on new division names. Umm. X-Rams and x-Bucs for example.
Okay, maybe not working so hard, just feverish.

And Dream, Mr. "I've never worn the sig" You suck!

Random thoughts file.
Maybe for tie-breakers we should use preseason predictions instead of all that silly points scored and head-2-head stuff.
Perhaps look into the flipping of draft positions that was mentioned in one of the current leftover threads.
Newbies have to wear a sig proclaiming their undying love for Matt Millen.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun May 20, 2007 1:37 am

whats up fellas?

I have been MIA for quite some time now, so its good to say hello again to the Lions faithful here.

MSB, I sure would like to participate in the KOTJ for 2007 if you can squeeze me in.

Sure have missed you guys. I'll try to respond when I can.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sun May 20, 2007 9:45 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:whats up fellas?

I have been MIA for quite some time now, so its good to say hello again to the Lions faithful here.

MSB, I sure would like to participate in the KOTJ for 2007 if you can squeeze me in.

Good to hear from you dude. Hope you and your's are well and looking forward to your input in the season to come.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mutantseabass » Sun May 20, 2007 10:46 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:whats up fellas?

Excellent CBM!!! ;-D Whenever you get a chance check in from time to time.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sun May 20, 2007 10:49 am

I have gotten committments from the following people for the 07 season.

Cornbread Maxwell
Berge20
psmvchaser

That puts us at 15, only need 5 more and the PMs are out there.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sun May 20, 2007 11:57 am

Only here can you get people back and committed to the season in May ;-D

Looking forward to some redemption this year }:-)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm all for having the two leagues again this year, as long as we can field at least 20 owners.

The only thing I didn't like about the two league format is the separation between the two. I wished I had been able to play H2H with MSB, Swiper, Dream, etc. and it felt like we were not in the same league like the previous season. Unfortunately there really isn't any way around that. Even switching teams back and forth between seasons can lose some of the rivalry and comraderie that we are trying to build. Posting in the message board isn't like the H2H competition ;-D Maybe I'll have to make the postseason this time to get some playing time against you guys!!

Gotta keep the SIG alive. It is part of the KOTJ culture, and cannot be kicked to the curb now!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Santacruzer » Sun May 20, 2007 12:45 pm

Although it is not set in stone, as part of the history of this league and people growing more and more used to the AOL hosted league I think it is safe to say the we would most likely return to AOL again for this upcoming season. I'm sure at some point in the upcoming weeks MSB will be polling people with their preferences.

On that note, has anyone ever checked out the "Fleaflicker" site that is that sidebar advertisement here on the Cafe? look left......

I checked it out and it appears to be everything that we would require - live scoring, customizable leagues and scoring, easy to navigate, and most importantly FREE. Has anyone had any experience with it, or even seen it yet?

http://www.fleaflicker.com/

It has a tour that you can run through. I advise people to check this out, and for anyone with experience with it to advise us with their thoughts.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mutantseabass » Sun May 20, 2007 2:02 pm

I played in a league on Fleaflicker last season. It was OK, nothing really special. People can take a look at it, last season it was pretty raw. Personally I like the AOL site better but I will leave that up to the league.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League