2007 Season/Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2007 Season/Draft

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Sun May 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Hickdubious PMd me and is in for next season.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:48 pm

I've never played fleaflicker, but will check it out.

One thought I did have before I logged off yesterday, what about having divisions within the 2 leagues? I know hte first season we had 3 divisions and last year we just had 1 big division for each league. I would like to see a return to divisions.

I too felt a little disconnect between the 2 leagues, not sure there is a way around it though.

Sorry Mooch...there's always this year....yeah right }:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Sun May 20, 2007 10:05 pm

this is a total pain in the Matt idea, but how hard would it be to play inter-conference games?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby moochman » Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 pm

So all we have missing are:
Creamdoorthirtyniners
Zilla
Jimboozie
Jdogg_ffc

Amazing turnout for this time of year! Maybe we can get these slackers to represent and find 4 more for leagues of 12.
I am getting way to geeked.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 am

Santacruzer wrote:The only thing I didn't like about the two league format is the separation between the two. I wished I had been able to play H2H with MSB, Swiper, Dream, etc.

You want a piece of me? :-b

Good to see ya Cruzer. Hope things are goin well dude. :-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Mon May 21, 2007 10:07 am

Things have been going great. The last 12 months have been a blur though.

The Good: The move, the new job position, the insane economy out here....

The Bad: First, the dog dying, then, my 4 year old son gets diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes.....

Ups and downs, life in general, but all in all it has been good. The JD thing sucks, but the way we look at it, it could be a lot worse. There's nothing like being in a Children's Hospital a couple of days to put things into perspective. The stories those hallways could tell....

I know I was going on about the economy last season, but holy cow, it's still pretty crazy out here. It's great just as long as you don't need a coffee or a burger. The min wage job companies are really struggling to keep staffed (and they're not paying min wage anymore - flipping burgs will get you about $15/hour to start now, plus bonuses).

Mark my words......it's time to get into the agricultural businesses. Have you seen the sharp rise in Corn and other produce prices? Damn "green fuel" braintrusts aren't thinking clear enough.....
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:16 am

Wow, first off, sorry to hear about your son, Cruzer. You have the right outlook, there are a lot worse things out there. Glad to hear things seem to be pretty good overall for you.

-----------

I've checked out the fleaflicker link. As previously mentioned I have not had a league on there but the tour did look pretty nice. At this point I would rank it 2nd only to AOL. I can't stand yahoo :-P

I wouldn't have a problem trying it, but would prefer to stick with what I know O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Santacruzer » Mon May 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks Dream.

It definitely looks better than Yahoo, I guess the question is if it's worth the switch from AOL. It is definitely the #2 at this point though.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Sorry to hear Cruzer. I sure hope it's going well, and you are right that there are worse things, but that doesn't downplay your situation any. That's plenty serious and a tough thing to deal with. I wish you and your family the best man. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Man Cruzer sorry to hear about your son. I am not too well versed in JD so I cant really speak on it but I know it would scare the hell out of me If one of my kids had it. Its good to see you are keeping a positive outlook on things though.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League