2008 season consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

2008 season consolidated

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Re: ***2008 In Season Discussion***

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:07 am

I am sure we will be good to go. First year leagues are always a little rough. Looking at the owners and how active everyone was during the season I have very little doubt we will be back for 2009.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 am

I'm apmed my team is solid just needs a few peices for success.

DeAngelo Williams for sale.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:15 am

aaawall91 wrote:I'm apmed my team is solid just needs a few peices for success.

DeAngelo Williams for sale.

Well, that's 4 who are back and I would say we can safely add 4-6 more to that total. I will try and remember to email Booj this week and see what is up. I have to think that the WW is closed but trading is open but that is just me.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:31 am

I'm gonna be posting all 4 rounds for the upcoming rookie draft and who has which picks, I'd like for everyone to look over it to make sure you have your correct picks, also makes it alot easier to figure out who has what so you know who to contact for what picks...I'm using the order from the last message Bungle posted on the Flea msg forum, as well as the trade forum on here when draft picks were traded.

Order will be posted NFL style as voted on by the league.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Waiver Wire Process - 24 Hours!

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:10 am

The way I'm expecting this to work starting in year 2(and the format I see alot of dynasty leagues use) is that we open the Waiver Wire up before Pre-Season, we can go through the same process of manual claims as last time if need be for those who want to ensure they get someone...Then before pre-season, and during pre-season it's first come first serve, and locked back up before week 1 where it picks up as normal during the season.

Is that fine with everyone ? I just really hate leagues that wait to open them week 1 after the pre-season.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Waiver Wire Process - 24 Hours!

Postby redfox33 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:05 am

it would have to be locked until after allk drafts, new replacement teams to be final first. that should still allow time before preseason.
redfox33
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Re: Official Draft Discussion

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:18 pm

ph
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:15 am

Hey boys, does anyone "know" Booj outside the cafe??? He hasn't logged into the cafe in 5 months. We really should look at doing roll call, sorting through any issues etc in the near future. I enjoyed the league (even though I got screwed out of my championship) and would like to continue the league. So, just wondering where we are at.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm here!

I don't know Booj. I know we should definitely get this thing rolling though. It was alot of fun despite totally suckin some big ones.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 am

bungle613 wrote:Hey boys, does anyone "know" Booj outside the cafe??? He hasn't logged into the cafe in 5 months. We really should look at doing roll call, sorting through any issues etc in the near future. I enjoyed the league (even though I got screwed out of my championship) and would like to continue the league. So, just wondering where we are at.

I've been wondering the same thing for a few weeks, I saw him on aim once and msg'd him about the leagued and he just logged off, I think we need to see who is going to show up here in the next few weeks, I really don't want to be drafting in july/august...Hopefully we aren't locked out of anything with him being commish.

I feel like he should have showed up at least once, or made some sort of announcement, so we'll see what happens after the draft, if guys can't even show up once since the end of the season to make 1 post to let people know their around or log into the league it's hard to imagine them being around next year.

Aaawall, Bungle, when do you guys typically have your rookie drafts in dynasties that have been going for more then a year? The one I am in off of here holds it early May, I'm just wondering if that's the norm or not...I guess it could all be voted on, but we probably don't even have constant contact w/ everyone in the short term.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero