Joe Flacco

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Proving to be a quick study...

The Education of Joe Flacco
Ravens QB Flacco gets a crash course
Rookie, No. 1 pick, forced to be quick study
By Jamison Hensley | Sun reporter
June 22, 2008

There will likely be a time when Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will have to sidestep blitzing linebacker James Farrior and make a tough throw past safety Troy Polamalu.

But before the team's high-profile rookie could think about playing the likes of the Pittsburgh Steelers, he first had to win a more important game - the one inside his head.

Since being drafted 18th overall two months ago, Flacco has been given a crash course on quarterbacking, one that has provided him with the foundation to compete for the Ravens' starting job.

He has had to digest chunks of a playbook that is two inches thick. He has had to dissect coverages while playing against one of the NFL's most unpredictable defenses.

con't...

restof article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... 3115.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Joe Flacco

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Competition for Ravens starting QB job begins today
By Jamison Hensley | Sun reporter
July 22, 2008

Ravens coach John Harbaugh declined to divulge which quarterback will take the first snaps of training camp today, but Joe Flacco has set his sights on who will be the starter at the end of it.

Flacco, the team's first-round draft pick, said only moments after signing a five-year contract that could earn him up to $30million, including $8.75million guaranteed, that he's ready to begin the quarterback battle.

"I'm going to go out there and act like I am [the starter], just like everybody else should do," Flacco said yesterday in the lobby of the team hotel. "I'm going to go out there and prove to the coaches, myself and my teammates that I can play. And at the end of training camp, we're going to find out."

The quarterback battle will be the buzz when Ravens training camp kicks off today for quarterbacks, rookies and injured veterans.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... 7573.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk