Some people... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Some people...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Some people...

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:48 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:You've never heard of enabling, I take it? There is such a thing as being an accomplice, too. Absolving her of any wrongdoing is probably premature. As with all the articles we discuss hereabouts, there's vastly more to this story than we're getting in a few paragraphs. I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around in this story.

She's an accomplice for leaving her kid with her husband? I mean, sure, she left the kid with a person that eventually did something really bad to him, but come on, she couldn't have seen this coming. No mother would leave their kid with someone who they thought might harm them.

I'm not saying I know what the deal is. I even said there's more to this story than we know at this point. All I said is it was premature to absolve her of all wrongdoing.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am

I didn't see where it said that the wife knew he made the child take a cold or hot shower. :-?

Based on what was mentioned in the story, there's no way anybody here can determine that guilt should be placed on the mother. There's also nothing mentioned that determines she should be absolved. We don't know, so we shouldn't act like we do.

Noisane?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:51 am

jinx
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 am

josebach wrote:I didn't see where it said that the wife knew he made the child take a cold or hot shower. :-?

Based on what was mentioned in the story, there's no way anybody here can determine that guilt should be placed on the mother. There's also nothing mentioned that determines she should be absolved. We don't know, so we shouldn't act like we do.

Noisane?

I hear you, dog. As with most stories that we all get in a twist over, and rant and rave and debate over, there's a TON about this situation that we don't know. Future stories may show that the mom assisted this dude in abusing her own kid. Future stories may show that this guy was the perfect parent up until then, and somehow he just snapped. Or it may all turn out to be a hoax.

I don't think guilt against the mom has been set in stone by anyone yet, but the few words we use to say what we say sure can lead you to that point.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk