Imus at it again! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Imus at it again!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Imus at it again!

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:17 pm

josebach wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:George Carlin said it best about censorship...if you don't like what you're listening to, change the channel.

AMEN ;-D

Come on now. Censorship still has it's place. What would happen if I listed the 7 words here?

Offhand I'd say we'd see forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... in short, mass hysteria!

;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:19 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Come on now. Censorship still has it's place. What would happen if I listed the 7 words here?

Offhand I'd say we'd see forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... in short, mass hysteria!

;-)

Well, I know one person here who would love that. ;-7 :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:20 pm

josebach wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:George Carlin said it best about censorship...if you don't like what you're listening to, change the channel.

AMEN ;-D

Come on now. Censorship still has it's place. What would happen if I listed the 7 words here?

I would laugh and if I was offended, I would close the thread and not re open it.

I could care less if the guy really is racist and wants to tell the world. That is his opinion and while I don't share it, I would fight for his right to share it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I didn't see in there where it says it is ok to stop someone from free speech because someone else was offended. The only time speech should be prohibited is in the case of fighting words or saying something that would cause someone else physical harm ie. fire in a movie theater

edit -- In regard to a place like here, it is Mad's business and thus he may make rules to stop people from using certain words, and as a business owner that is the man's right. You can not be here if you don't want to follow the rules. The same can be said for whatever station Imus is employed by, if they don't want to be associated than they can fire him.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:25 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Come on now. Censorship still has it's place. What would happen if I listed the 7 words here?

;-)

Ah, times have changed - you can prob get away with t**s now, so we can pare the list down to 6 words!
:-B ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Didn't the full list grow to over 50 words? I remember hearing him do an extended version of that bit, I believe.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:33 pm

knapplc wrote:Didn't the full list grow to over 50 words? I remember hearing him do an extended version of that bit, I believe.

Now that ya mention it, I seem to recall that but my memory ain't what it used to be (I think my brain's hard drive is full and also a lot of files can't be retrieved).
:-B
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:39 pm

stomperrob wrote:
knapplc wrote:Didn't the full list grow to over 50 words? I remember hearing him do an extended version of that bit, I believe.

Now that ya mention it, I seem to recall that but my memory ain't what it used to be (I think my brain's hard drive is full and also a lot of files can't be retrieved).

You and me both, brother! :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Is Madison really the owner here? I thought he was just one of the main mods. I didn't realize he got paid for it.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:43 pm

knapplc wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

You and me both, brother! :-b

Can ya reformat a brain??? :-?
stomperrob

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:50 pm

josebach wrote:Is Madison really the owner here? I thought he was just one of the main mods. I didn't realize he got paid for it.

I thought this was his site :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk