UPDATE:The Ultimate NFL Manager Experience League will go into Dynasty mode this year. No more DRY RUN
We are generating a lot of interest... but majority of people don't want to do a test yr, they want to jump right into it. So the Comish is going to by pass the Dry Run and recuit as if we are going into yr 1. The goal is; if we can fill all 32 teams by mid to late July.. to begin the Draft before Aug 1st.
If we can not get enough people; I will go back into dry run mode. Some changes: since I am recuiting into start up mode... the price will be about $30. That way there is a decent payouts at the end of the yr. I will place a Payout system in a day or 2. If we go back into dry run mode... entry fee is back to $10 Auction timer will have to be set too 24hrs instead of 48. Please check the Message Board for frather announcements. Thank you
Ultimate NFL Manager Experience (Dry Run) Address:http://www27.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/71478
Please post which time zone your are from...
I want to keep the time Zones together... if I can fill up each conference with a group who are in similar Time Zones, it would be easier.
I would like to get THe ETs & CTs into the AFC and the MTs & PTs into the NFC
Also, Pick an NFL Team.
I would like to get all 32 Teams filled, and use the 'Deluxe League' system that MFL offers.
If I can only get 14 or 16 teams.. we'll role w/ the normal system.http://www27.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/71478
Again; this yr is just a Dry run... so this yr is Redraft style... I'm sure I'll be adjusting the rules during the year and get them ready for 09... thats when we go into Dynasty mode.
The draft will take a long time... so I would need this to get going in mid July.
• Please read these rules in their entirety. If you have any questions please contact the commissioner. Finally, before you proceed please understand that on a yearly basis there are always situations that seem to fall between the cracks of our documented rules. In such cases, the commissioner will make a ruling based on three fundamentals; the betterment of the league, consistency and historical precedence. Remember, all team owners are strongly encouraged to provide suggestions that may improve the league during and after the season.
Rosters & Weekly Line ups
• League will consist of 32 Teams in 2 Conferences w/ 4 Divisions in each Conference.
• Each Team will represent a Real NFL Franchise
• 16 Teams in Each Conference, 4 Teams in each Division.
• League will feature MFL’s Deluxe Format. Each Conference will be its own Roster, and actually each Conference will be its own league. There will be no duplicate Players allowed in one Conference.
• Each Conference will have its own Drafts and Waiver System
• In affect, trading between 2 non-conference teams will not be allowed by the software. Rookie Draft Pick Trading between 2 non-conference teams will not be allowed by the Commissioner.
• Teams will have 40 man rosters w/ a 6 man practice squad.
*Lineups may be submitted or changed up to a player’s game time without penalty.
*A full line up is required every week.
11 Offense: (1 QB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 PK, 3 Flex (2 W/R, 1 W/T), & 1 KR*
Note (Teams are only allowed to Start a Max of 5 WRs)
11 IDPS: (3 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DL/LB) so you can go 4 - 3 - 4 or 3 - 4 - 4
* Rule about KR: the player that is designated your KR only receives points for Punt & Kick off Return yd & TDs, no other stat will be awarded to this player. Managers must notify the commit as to which player will be their KR (I have to manually change their position to KR for you).
Scoring will be Offensive Players minus Defensive Players. This Means the final score will be Your Offensive Players Minus your opponents Defensives Players and Vise Versa
• The Salary Cap of $100 Mil, will be set to ‘HARD’; this mean that you can never go over the Cap. Salary will control both the Auction Draft and Blind Bidding. (I highly suggest that managers leave some Cap Space for Blind Bidding during the season).
• The Salary Cap will Increase by $2 Mil Yearly.
• A Players’ Min Salary is $500K, Minimal will Increase by $50K every 2 years.
• Any Trade that makes you go over the Cap will be invalid. (You will need to clear Cap room in order to for the Trade to Process).
• Any Blind Bid that makes you go over the Cap will be invalid.
• Whenever a Player is Placed on IR, you will pay 25% of that Player’s Current Salary.
• Whenever a Rookie is Demoted to your Taxi Squad, you will pay 25% of that Player’s Current Salary.
• Cap Penalties: Whenever a Player is dropped, you will be penalize 25% of that Player’s Current Salary.
• Any player dropped before the next Fiscal Year; That Cap Penalty will carry over to the Next Year.
• Our Fiscal Year begins July 15th
1. You drop Player A in the middle of the 2009 season, you receive a $2 Cap Penalty during that season. That Cap Penalty also Rolls into the 2010 Season
2. You drop Player A on July 14th, 2009. You receive a $2M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2010 Season only.
3. You drop Player A on July 15th, 2009. You receive a $2M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2010 and 2011 Season.
Contract Years Cap
• Every Player Drafted in the FA Auction or Rookie Draft will automatically be signed to contract and take up a certain amount of 'Contract years'.
• When a Player is dropped to FA, their Contract Status is terminated w/ that Team
• When a Player is acquired in Waivers, that player is not under Contract. That Player will no count towards the Contract Cap.
• You will have a Total of 120 Contract Years to hand out.
• The max length of a contract is 5 Years.
• Practice Squad (Taxi Squad) and Players Placed on IR contracts do not count against Contract Cap. If a PS Player is activated, the Team must have Contract Cap Room.
• Any Trade that makes you go over the Cap will be invalid. (You will need to clear Cap room in order to for the Trade to Process)
• The initial auction date will be set once all teams have submitted payment and a date.
• Auction will be an online, conducted on the Host Site; MFL
• The initial auction will take a long time; please have the ability to check in multiple times a day and please have patience.
• Each Franchise will begin the initial year with a $100.00 Salary Cap. (Think of it has a $100M)
• A Players’ Min Bid is $500K and bids will be in an increment of $50K.
• You will be forced to draft all 46 players in the Draft. Players can not be dropped or Traded during the Draft.
• Draft Hours will be from 9 am ET too 11 pm ET. No Nomination or Bid can be made after 11 pm ET until 9 am ET.
• The Draft will be Ebay Style (Proxy Auction). Once a Player is nominated, they will be on the clock for 2 Days. The Clock will not reset, even if the highest changes. Again, the same way Ebay works.
From the MFL Page: Here's a detailed example of how proxy bidding works. Let's assume your league is set up (on the "for commissioners > setup > auction setup" page) with the following parameters:
Minimum Opening Bid: $0.50
Minimum Bid Raise: $0.05
Let's assume that Franchise 1 opens bidding on Player A, and the initial bid is $5.00. The system will "remember" the maximum bid of $5.00, and report the initial bid on this player equal to the "Minimum Opening Bid" of $0.50.
Then, Franchise 2 submits a bid of $2.00 on Player A. The system recognizes that Franchise 1 was willing to pay up to $5.00 for Player A, so immediately after Franchise 2 submits his $2.00 bid, the system notifies him that he has been outbid, and then considers the high bid on Player A to be $2.00. Then, Franchise 2 submits a bid of $5.00 on Player A. The system recognizes that this bid amount is equal to the maximum bid made by Franchise 1, so the system then considers Franchise 2 to be immediately out-bid (earlier bids always beat later bids of the same amount), but the system then considers the current bid amount for Player A to be $5.00 (the maximum amount that Franchise 1 was willing to bid).
In other words, this "proxy" bidding configuration allows a franchise owner to bid only as much as he needs to on any given player, and no more.
** Please begin the draft with only having 2 Players Nominated in the Auction Pool at a time. I do not want to overload the Auction Pool, But I want to keep a constant flow to it as well. So I ask that there be no less than 25 Players in the Auction Pool and no more than 35 Players at a time. I calculated that the Draft will take up to 50 days if everyone follows these Rules
This can easily be done if everyone works together and follows some simple rules:
*After we have 32 or so Players nominated; Do Not Nominate Anymore Players Unless you win a Player from the Auction Pool or I give an ok to nominate!
*If I see managers continuously nominating players when they shouldn’t; there will be one warning. If behavior continues I will lock your ability to Nominate players.
*Once you win a player, simply place another one back in the pool!
*You will have 24 hrs or till 10pm ET the following day to nominate your next player after winning a bid. If you do not nominate a player by that time frame, Commissioner will allow another manager to nominate a player.
*If the Player pool falls to 25 or below, Commissioner will allow managers to nominate players until the Auction Pool Builds back up. This will allow the draft to flow smoothly and as quickly as possible.
Again, Patience will be the key for this to work smoothly.
Contracts/ Player Salary
• Any Player Drafted or Acquired in Waivers are automatically signed to a 1 yr deal beginning w/ the yr they are drafted.
• Each yr a player is kept; the player’s Salary will increase (rounded up to the nearest .01).
• Year 2 will increase by 10%
• Year 3 will increase by 15%
• Year 4 will increase by 20%
• Year 5 will increase by 25%
• All Players on the active roster will be assigned a 1 year contract, the max length of a contract can be 5 years. A team can not have more than a total of 120 contract years.
• Managers will have 3 options to extend a players contract if they wish; Contract Extensions, Franchise Tag, and Tenders.
• Team owners may keep up to as many players as long as their team is under the salary cap, have enough Contract Room, and have enough money plus Contract Years to allocate the minimal player salary to each available spot.
• Teams must have the same amount of open roster spaces as they have draft picks.
• Only players drafted in the previous yr are under contract. Any player dropped after the FA auction loses their contract and salary status and can not be kept the following yr.
• Once a player is dropped to the FA pool, they loses their contract and salary status. The Team will be penalized 25% of that player’s current salary.
• If a team can not free up the roster space for the Rookie draft or meet the Cap, the Commissioner will take matters into his own hands and drop your lowest paid Player(s) until your have the space.
• When a player is entering their Final Contract Year; owners must make a decision on whether to exercise their option year(s) in the contract. This will extend the player’s contract and give the player a raise.
• If the franchise declines the option; the player will become a Free Agent at the end of the season.
• Franchises must wait until after the fiscal year begin to announce contract extensions; Franchises have until August 20th to exercise the option yr(s).
• Franchises must have the Salary Cap and Contract Year Cap room before requesting the extensions.
• If a player receives a 1 year extension, they are rewarded with a 25% raise upfront (rounded up to the nearest .01). The Following Extension Year will increase by 20%
• If a player receives a 2 year extension, they are rewarded with a 40% raise upfront (rounded up to the nearest .01). The Following Extension Year 1 will increase by 20%, Ext yr 2 will increase by 25%
Blind Bidding Waivers
• Blind bidding will be used to acquire players during Waivers
• Blind Bidding Balance is determined by available Salary Cap room a team may have (again, Commissioner high suggests each team leaves some Cap Room after the Draft).
• Blind Bidding will take Processed twice a week. Beginning Week 1; Bids can be entered on Monday; 8:30 pm ET and it will be Processed Wednesday at 10:00 pm ET. Bids can then be entered Wednesday at 10:15pm ET and will be processed Friday at 10:00 pm ET. Bidding will begin at the samtime every week
• Min Bid is player minimal, bid increments are $50,000.
• When a Player is dropped; Their current contract and salary are terminated. The Team will be penalized 25% of that players current Salary.
• Players Picked up from the FA are not under the Contract Cap.
• When claiming a player off the waiver wire, team owners must clearly indicate which player(s) will be waived or deactivated to create a roster spot.
• Incomplete waiver claims will not be processed.
• Waivers end week 12.
Contract Extensions for Waiver Wire Players
• A Manager gets to sign 2 player that they picked up off the Waiver Wire from the pervious yr to a 1 or 2 yr contract
• If a player was in the top 10 of scoring for that player’s position, they will not sign the extension and opt for FA.
• Franchises must announce Extension before our fiscal year begins.
• Franchises must have the Salary Cap and Contract Year Cap room before requesting the extensions.
• If a player receives a 1 year extension, they are rewarded with a 25% raise for the Ext year.
• If a player receives a 2 year extension, they are rewarded with a 40% raise for Ext yr 1, Ext yr 2 will increase by 25%
• Only when a WW Player is signed to a contract extension can they be traded
(You can not Trade any WW player that is not resigned).
• Any WW player that is not signed to this Contract Extension will be released in to the FA Auction, they can not be Tendered or Franchised Tagged.
Free Agent Pick ups (First Come, First Serve)
• Teams will be able to pick up plays FCFS shortly after the draft and up until Monday 8:15 pm ET of week 1.
• FCFS will be closed every week from Monday 8:15 thru Friday at 10:15 pm while Blind bidding is taking place.
• After the Waivers are processed, Players can be acquired FCFS Pick ups beginning Friday at 10:15 ET thru each individual players kick off.
• FA pick ups will cost the player minimal out of your blind bid balance
• Players Picked up from the FA pool can not be Contracted until the next yr.
• FCFS ends before the first game of week 12.
Contract Extensions for Waiver Wire Players
• A Manager gets to sign 1 player that they picked up off the Waiver Wire from the pervious yr to a 1 or 2 yr contract.
• Managers will be allowed to place Tender and Franchise Tags on WW players from the previous yr.
• If a player receives a 1 year extension, they are rewarded with a 25% raise upfront (rounded up to the nearest .01).
• If a player receives a 2 year extension, they are rewarded with a 40% raise upfront (rounded up to the nearest .01). The Following Extension Year will increase by 20%.
• Managers must give Contract extension before our fiscal year begins.
• Only when a WW Player is signed to this 2 yr contract extension can they be traded
(You can not Trade any WW player that is not resigned).
• Any WW player that is not signed to this Contract Extension will be released in to the FA Auction.
• Teams will be allowed to Franchise Tag any 1 player by August 10th.
• A Player can be assigned to a Franchise Tag the season after their Contracts expire.
• A player can be franchised over and over if the team wishes too.
• Franchise Tag Salary will be the avg of the top 5 salaries for that position or 120% of that player’s salary; which ever is greater.
• The salaries that will be used to determine these Franchise and Tender Tags will be the Players Salaries from the previous year draft... not just the carry over players
• Other Franchise’s can not offer Qualifying Offers for Franchise tagged players
• Each team is allowed to use 3 Tender tags a year; 1 1st RD and 2 2nd RD Tender.
• A Player can be assigned to a Tender Tag the season after their Contracts expire.
• There will be 2 Bidding Periods for Tender players. Players will be Bid on in an EBay style format, just like the initial Draft.
• 1st RD Tender Tag Salary will be the avg of the top 10 salaries for that position or 120% of that player’s salary; which ever is greater. Compensation is a 1st round draft choice in the next years Draft.
• 1st Round Tenders players are eligible for bidding between August 15th thru August 19th.
• 2nd RD Tender Tag Salary will be the avg of the top 20 salaries for that position or 110% of that player’s salary; which ever is greater. Compensation is a 2nd round draft choice in the years Draft.
• 2nd Round Tenders players are eligible for bidding between August 10th thru August 14th
• Teams are allowed to be winning the bid on one player only (even if a team has multiple Picks; unless one of the players won was a player they Tendered). If a Team wins multi players (unless one of the players won was a player they Tendered), they will receive no player and the next Highest bid will be awarded the players. If a Team wins a player and owns multi round Picks, the Compensation pick will be chosen by the original owner of the player.
• Team that win these Tendered players must be ready to Pay next yrs dues since they are giving up draft picks.
• Team owners have 48 hours to decide whether to match the highest bid or accept draft choice compensation from the team with the highest bid.
• If a player is signed by the original owner, the player is only signed to a One Year Deal.
• If a player is signed to a higher Price to other than the original Owner; It is viewed that the player has signed a new contract. The New owner will have 3 Days to add contract years onto the new contract.
• If commissioner does not hear from team owner, he will assume you wish to release the Transition player and receive the Compensation Draft Pick.
• Teams must have the same amount of open roster space as they have draft picks.
• Draft order is constant, like the NFL, and is determined by a team’s record, points scored in the regular season, and order of finish in the playoffs.
• The champion picks last each round and the team with the worst record picks first.
• Rookie draft will consist of 3 rounds.
• Commissioner will give managers option to forfeit 3rd round picks.
• Any player eligible for the NFL rookie draft qualifies as an eligible player for the rookie draft.
• The Franchises must have meet the demands of the Rookie’s Salaries and Contract Lengths.
• Players remaining in college for the following season are not eligible.
•1st RD, Pick 1: Offensive players= $10 M; IDP = $6 M. Contract Length = 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Pick 2: Offensive players= $9 M; IDP = $5 M. Contract Length = 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Pick 3: Offensive players= $7 M; IDP = $4 M. Contract Length = 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Pick 4: Offensive players= $5 M; IDP = $3 M. Contract Length = 3 to 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Pick 5: Offensive players= $4.50 M; IDP = $2.5 M. Contract Length = 3 to 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Pick 6: Offensive players= $4 M; IDP = $2.25 M. Contract Length = 3 to 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Picks 7 - 8: Offensive players= $3.50 M; IDP = $2 M. Contract Length = 3 to 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Picks 9 - 12: Offensive players= $3 M; IDP = $1.75 M. Contract Length = 3 to 5 yrs
• 1st RD, Picks 13 - 16: Offensive players= $2 M; IDP = $1.5 M. Contract Length = 3 to 5 yrs
• 2nd RD, Picks 1 - 8: Offensive players= $1.50 M; IDP = $1 M. Contract Length = 1 to 5 yrs
• 2nd RD, Picks 9 - 16: Offensive players= $1 M; IDP = $0.75 K Contract Length = 1 to 5 yrs
• 3rd RD, all Picks: Offensive players = $50K; IDP = $50K Contract Length = 1 to 5 yrs
• 6 player Practice Squad; Any rookie player that is drafted can be placed in the Practice Squad Prior to the Start of the NFL Season.
• A Player can stay in your Practice Squad for 2 yrs. After their 2nd yr in the Practice Squad; you must add them to your active roster or Cut them.
• A Player's Salary and Contract Years do not increase while in the PS.
• If a PS Player is activated anytime during the season, their Contract Years begins that Season (so the season after would be Contract Year 2).
• While a player is in your Practice Squad; you will pay 25% of their salary rounded to the closest $1.
• Once a player is removed from the Practice Squad (whether placed on an active roster or dropped to FA); they can not be placed back in.
• Practice Squad Players can not be traded.
• When activating a Practice Squad player; you must still meet the active roster limit of 40; which means you will have to drop one of your active players
• Each Team will be allowed 3 IR spots a year.
• While a player is in your Practice Squad; you will pay 25% of their salary rounded to the .
• Only Players announced on the Real NFL IR can be placed on League IR.
• Players' Salary and Contract Status will follow their normal rule set while they are on IR.
• Only Players on the Active Roster can be placed on the IR, PS Players can not be placed on IR.
• A Player must be removed from the IR before the beginning of our fiscal yr; or they will be immediately cut.
• Only the Commissioner has the ability to place players on a Teams IR; a team must contact him and announce which player they want IR’d.
• Accepted Trades will processed automatically. The Commissioner reserves the right to undo any trade he sees unfit).
• Teams may trade future draft choices up to 2 years following the current season
• The Team that is trading the higher pick away must pay an advance $$ for Future Dues
• The Team has a week or 24 hrs before the start of a player’s game to make the payment or Commissioner will undo Trade.
• The trading period during the season ends with the week 12.
Regular Season Schedule
• Regular Season will be first 12 weeks of the season.
• Each Team will play their 3 Divisional Opponents once (in weeks 10, 11, & 12) and 9 Non-Dvisional Opponent in those 12 weeks.
• 6 teams advance into the Playoffs starting week 13
Regular Season Standings
• Divisional Standings are Determined by Overall Wins 1st then followed by Divisional wins, Power Ranking 3rd
Last edited by Ysatnaf_Gnik on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.