2nd Amendment - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

2nd Amendment

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd Amendment

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:28 pm

The 2nd amendment was reaffirmed today. My biggest concern though is that 4 supreme court justices voted agaisnt the reaffirmation. Here is one quote about the decision I found funny

"Today, President Bush's radical Supreme Court justices put rigid ideology ahead of the safety of communities in New Jersey and across the country. This decision illustrates why I have strongly opposed extremist judicial nominees and will continue to do so in the future." — Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J.

The desicion was about a law in DC not New Jersey. The law has not changed in his home state how could it have made his state less safe?

Senator fienstein from California said more americans would be killed due to this decision. Thats probably so and the majority of them will be the criminals. and personally I don't care if some kills a criminal that is tryin fgto steal his stuff.

On another similar note. The grand Jury has convened here in Houston and is deliberating over the case when the retired guy in Pasadena shot and killed to theves. If he is bound over for a trial, there is a defense fund formed for his defense. I'll post a link if he is going to be tried in court, so those who wish to can donate.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2nd Amendment

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 pm

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:05 pm

The bad guys love it when the good guys are unarmed.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Good job
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:29 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:The desicion was about a law in DC not New Jersey. The law has not changed in his home state how could it have made his state less safe?.

This quote makes no sense. He never said it made his state less safe. He said they were putting rigid old school ideologies ahead of the safety of communities in all states (including his)... not even remotely in the ballpark of what you though it meant. Also, the law is National, it's constitutional, not a d.c. law. So it does effect his state, and all states. You completely misread his quote.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:55 pm

treat24 wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:The desicion was about a law in DC not New Jersey. The law has not changed in his home state how could it have made his state less safe?.

This quote makes no sense. He never said it made his state less safe. He said they were putting rigid old school ideologies ahead of the safety of communities in all states (including his)... not even remotely in the ballpark of what you though it meant. Also, the law is National, it's constitutional, not a d.c. law. So it does effect his state, and all states. You completely misread his quote.

Yep. It overturned the DC law because that was the law that was challenged, but the effect is for all states. No state can now create a law like the DC one, and if they have one now, it is unconstitutional.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:50 pm

treat24 wrote:Image

:-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:11 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
treat24 wrote:

Yep. It overturned the DC law because that was the law that was challenged, but the effect is for all states. No state can now create a law like the DC one, and if they have one now, it is unconstitutional.

AS IT SHOULD BE IN MY OPINION.

However at present it does NOT make his state less safe. The law didn't doing anything to the present laws in NJ. In addition, all the conversation regarding the laws this decision might efect came from other states other than NJ not one mention of this affecting his state. If there was a law in his state that was affected by this then yea I could understand his statement.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 pm

this decision is going to be as devisive (sp) as the Roe v Wade decision. The biggest difference between the 2 is that the decision today will potentailly affect many more people.

There are several places that have very restrictive gun laws Like NYC and Chi-town. NJ is not included in those restrictive laws BTW. Those 2 alone will affect more people that there are abortions each year.

I don't know what will happen with this but if the crime rate drops in DC due to people being able to defend themselves, then I and the people with the same mind set as me will rejoise (sp). I did not say it would, but if the people arm themselves to defend themselves against the criminals, I would bet money it will.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
treat24 wrote:This quote makes no sense. He never said it made his state less safe. He said they were putting rigid old school ideologies ahead of the safety of communities in all states (including his)... not even remotely in the ballpark of what you though it meant. Also, the law is National, it's constitutional, not a d.c. law. So it does effect his state, and all states. You completely misread his quote.

AS IT SHOULD BE IN MY OPINION.

However at present it does NOT make his state less safe. The law didn't doing anything to the present laws in NJ. In addition, all the conversation regarding the laws this decision might efect came from other states other than NJ not one mention of this affecting his state. If there was a law in his state that was affected by this then yea I could understand his statement.

once again, you need to reread his statement. He is not saying his state is less safe. Not once, nowhere... you keep adding that out of nowhere. He is saying this effects the safety of all communities. You disagree with this, which is cool... but he says nothing about it making his state less safe.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk