Peep it II - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Peep it II

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Peep it II

Postby Metroid » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 pm

So my skills haven't improved all that much but I thought this one turned out pretty cool, whatcha guys think? :-?

Here it is huge! :-B
Last edited by Metroid on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Peep it II

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Well, I won't talk about hiw much I hate the huge text thing because that's sort of your signature. I just personally don't like the style of it, but for what you have done, its executed excellently. The smoke effect is fairly realistic looking as are the bullet holes.

Really great execution. Instead of the inner glow round the outside of the sig, you might play around with a second solid white border. Not to say what you have is bad, but its just another way of accomplishing the effect. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:08 am

Thats something I haven't been able to figure out, borders that is. like even around the entire sig...I took it into Paint to put that black border on it. :-B

How would you border around a font? Would I use the 'stroke' application in 'layers'? :-?

Thanks for the critique BTW. ;-D ;-D
Metroid

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:27 pm

On the font use Stroke Layer Style. Use 1 px, and set it to outside usually. For the entire sig, create a new blank layer, select all, go to Edit... Stroke. Choose your color and width.

To do the effect I was talking about, create a new layer, hit Control + A (Select all, Command A for Macs I think), then go to edit... Stroke, choose white and 2px, then click OK. Then go back to Edit... Stroke and this time use 1px black and click OK.

Oh yeah, make sure you are set to inside mode on the stroke window. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 am

your best so far ;-D

nice to see you trying some more complex stuff. like joel said, your effects look legit. did you figure that out on your own or use a tutorial? either way, nice work. nice layout, good balance. the glows i think would be better suited if they were a different color (looks like you stuff with teh stock glow color). i would probaly roll with a green myself, or possibly just plain white.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks again guys for the feedback and tips, I think later I'll go back and see if I can clean it up and implement your suggestions. ;-D

I've figured out everything I've done on my own except for using the clipping tool(lasso?) Shannon showed me how to do that, before I was just finding pics with solid color backgrounds to work with. :-b

BTW the green background is actually an image of green flame but I had to muddy it up to keep it under Cafe limits, I had some other effects going on to but I removed them. It's really tough to try and have a lot of detail and stay under the limits.
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:58 pm

This is better huh?
Metroid

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm

A lot cleaner and sleek looking. I did like the smoke effect though. You might try to make the smoke a little less yellowish looking but put it back in there. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eagles21 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 am

Yeah, the smoke was cool, but try to make it so it doesn't really interfere with the font. I love how you used font with bullet holes. That is awesome. I suck when it comes to fonts in sigs.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 pm

eagles21 wrote:Yeah, the smoke was cool, but try to make it so it doesn't really interfere with the font. I love how you used font with bullet holes. That is awesome. I suck when it comes to fonts in sigs.

The font didn't come with bullet holes I put those in there [snaps suspenders]. :-b

I got lucky and just happened to stumble across that technique...I'm working on my first football related sig right now and struggling horribly. %-6
Metroid

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off