Peep it II - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Peep it II

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Re: Peep it II

Postby eagles21 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Metroid wrote:
eagles21 wrote:Yeah, the smoke was cool, but try to make it so it doesn't really interfere with the font. I love how you used font with bullet holes. That is awesome. I suck when it comes to fonts in sigs.

The font didn't come with bullet holes I put those in there [snaps suspenders]. :-b

I got lucky and just happened to stumble across that technique...I'm working on my first football related sig right now and struggling horribly. %-6

Wow, even better. Nice job with that. ;-D

Struggling horribly? That sucks. I suggest that you go look at some tutorials. That was what really helped me when I started. Or, if you want just figure everything out on your own, by all means. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Something else you could always try is e-mailing or uploading your .psd file if you have any questions and see if anybody could help out with it. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:15 pm

eagles21 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
eagles21 wrote:Yeah, the smoke was cool, but try to make it so it doesn't really interfere with the font. I love how you used font with bullet holes. That is awesome. I suck when it comes to fonts in sigs.

The font didn't come with bullet holes I put those in there [snaps suspenders]. :-b

I got lucky and just happened to stumble across that technique...I'm working on my first football related sig right now and struggling horribly. %-6

Wow, even better. Nice job with that. ;-D

Struggling horribly? That sucks. I suggest that you go look at some tutorials. That was what really helped me when I started. Or, if you want just figure everything out on your own, by all means. ;-D

I was really enjoying figuring stuff out on my own but I think I've hit a wall, I'll prolly check out some tutorials eventually. ;-D

Here's a variation of what I've been working on...It's just kinda bleh...I haven't really done much here but I can't get it under Cafe limits without it looking like mud, probably from all the orange and reddish orange. :-?

EDIT: Good idea joel I'll keep that in mind. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:57 pm

It's definitely the orage and reds that keep it over Cafe limits.

Nice render, great cutout if you did it by yourself. It's a good base background image as well. Try to get a brush, and set it to about 300px and set the hardness to 0%. Choose white as your base color and make a new layer on top of all your other layers. Then click a couple of times with just a little bit of the brush over the sig itself. You can get some good smooth transition and helps blend the player in with the background. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:05 pm

Yeah I did it all myself, thanks for the tips I'll try those out later and let you know what I come up with. ;-D ;-D
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:47 am

Bleh....I tried the technique you mentioned and this is the best I could get it...
I'm trashing this one....it's driving me nuts and it's not really good enough to keep stressing over. :-[
Metroid

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:31 pm

honestly...nice work man. the cafe limits are frustrating, but you will get used to it man and figure out little tricks to help when downsizing.

the braylon sig is pretty tight, but yeah, the background is a bit complex to get under the limits. if you ever want an intricate background like that, id suggest making the sig small..like 75x300. this will save you a TON of quality when you downsize it. as for as is , id take off that last effect you did. try ading a gradient with the gradient tool. id try white or black as the color and have it go to transparent. drag it over the background from either the bottom towards the top, or the top towards the bottom...or you can even go from left to right....so that your background has part solid color and fades to your current background. this will save a lot of quality when you downsize it. have you ever used the gradient tool? if you dont understand i can give you the rundown. its pretty simple and is one of the tools i use the most.

dont give up dude. you should see the first sigs i ever made. they are horrible. bad. :-{
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:45 pm

It's better than my first sig and probably better than most people here first sig. I know you've done some others, but for a first football sig its really not bad at all.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:14 pm

As always thanks for the feedback guys. B-)

I shouldn't have said "trash it" and said put on the back burner. I'm just frustrated with it right now. %-6 :-b

No I haven't messed with the gradient tool yet but I will now luxe, I'll let you know if I need help figuring it out. :-) ;-D
Metroid

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm

BTW, Luxe, great to see Ed Reed back in the rotation. love that sig.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off