Alabama LB a Coke Dealer and Pit Bull Fighter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Alabama LB a Coke Dealer and Pit Bull Fighter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alabama LB a Coke Dealer and Pit Bull Fighter

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Alabama linebacker Jimmy Johns, who was dismissed from the team after being arrested in Tuscaloosa on drug charges Tuesday, also apparently was breeding pit bulls.

Alabama LB Jimmy Johns was kicked of the football team after being arrested.

A quote on the jimmyjohnspitbulls.com Web site says, "Not only does Jimmy sell some of the bulliest dogs in the country. He also plays for the best college football team in the country. The University of Alabama. Roll Tide."

The Web site was created in March 2008.

Elsewhere on the site, it says, "Our dogs have been raised as close companions, not bred and raised to make us the all mighty (sic) dollar. We do not want to be confused with other kennels that just feed, water, and breed their dogs on every heat cycle to make money. We love our dogs and take care of them better than most do their children."

There are numerous pictures of Johns in uniform on the Web site. One picture appears to be a shot from practice, with Johns in the foreground and Tide linebacker coach Kevin Steele prominent in the background.

Johns was moved to linebacker from running back in the spring and would've seen a lot of time this fall for an Alabama team that lacks depth at linebacker.

Johns, 21, a senior from Brookhaven, Miss., who was Mississippi's "Mr. Football" in 2004, was arrested around 8 a.m. Tuesday at a gas station by the West Alabama Narcotics Task Force and charged with five counts of distribution of powder cocaine and one count of possession. The task force later executed a search warrant at Johns' residence and found cocaine and several Ecstasy pills, which led to a charge of possession of a controlled substance.

"As far as being a big dealer, he surprised me that he was doing it as much as he was," task force commander Jeff Snyder said at a news conference Tuesday.

Snyder also said Johns "went to some lengths to make sure, if he could, that other people on the team or inside the administration didn't know what he was doing. I don't think it was common knowledge."

Nice Guy :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Alabama LB a Coke Dealer and Pit Bull Fighter

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Did I miss the part where he was fighting Pit Bulls? I see he was breeding Pitts but I didn't see anything about fighting them. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: Alabama LB a Coke Dealer and Pit Bull Fighter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Metroid wrote:Did I miss the part where he was fighting Pit Bulls? I see he was breeding Pitts but I didn't see anything about fighting them. :-?

If you are breeding pit bulls this way, you are fighting them

I also saw something about him fighting them, but I can't find it now
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to College Football