Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: George W. Bush Sewage Plant

Postby mad hatter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:18 pm

treat24 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:Image

That about sums it up right there.

x2 :-t

so you're one of the 14 people in america that approve of this clown? i always wondered who they were.
We must not confuse dissent from disloyalty. We will not walk in fear, one of another, we will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.

my words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout
i may make you feel -- but i can't make you think
mad hatter
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Constantly overstimulated, yet simulatneously underwhelmed.

Postby treat24 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:37 pm

mad hatter wrote:
treat24 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
That about sums it up right there.

x2 :-t

so you're one of the 14 people in america that approve of this clown? i always wondered who they were.

i said x2 ... meaning I was 2nding DDD... I hate GW to no end... but you know that moon. The thumbs down was to GW. I'd be shocked if there were even 14 people that approve of him.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:31 am

treat24 wrote:I'd be shocked if there were even 14 people that approve of him.

I think his parents and his wife do....but thats only 3....pretty sure they're the only ones. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Metroid wrote:

I think his parents and his wife do....but thats only 3....pretty sure they're the only ones. :-b

His daughters *might*. BTW, I'd hit the one on the right

Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby The Balanced Man » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:29 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I wonder if they found the economy in there....

SAN FRANCISCO — Reagan has his highways. Lincoln has his memorial. Washington has the capital (and a state, too). But President Bush may soon be the sole president to have a memorial named after him that you can contribute to from the bathroom.

From the Department of Damned-With-Faint-Praise, a group going by the regal-sounding name of the Presidential Memorial Commission of San Francisco is planning to ask voters here to change the name of a prize-winning water treatment plant on the shoreline to the George W. Bush Sewage Plant.

linkage

The GWB sewage plant... Full of crap since 2001.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:48 am

This is definitely funny, but it seems a bit petty.

I think people are over-exaggerating his fallacies and undermining his accomplishments. He had a lot of things thrown at him during his presidency that were out of his control. There are many areas in which he could've done a better job, but that's true of any president.

His biggest mistake was the initiation of the war in Iraq. Whether this mistake was due to faulty intelligence or a personal vendetta is irrelevant. The responsibility lies with him; he should have never taken us into there. However, I don't believe that the calamity that ensued afterwards should be a black mark against him. The unforeseen difficulties that we faced forced us to stay there. In fact, they are still forcing us to remain in Iraq. You can call Bush a catalyst, but don't say that he should've seen this coming. Remember, only hindsight is 20/20.

Just so I'm not accused of lunging at the opportunity to defend him, I would like to state that, while I used to consider myself as a Republican, I now think of myself as a conservative independent. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not a blind Bush-supporter. I have no emotional ties to the man, nor do I have a particularly biased opinion of him.

Again, despite its puerile nature, this event is pretty funny. :-)
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

His daughters *might*. BTW, I'd hit the one on the right

i'd let em double up on me, although the one on the right looks really bad in that picture
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:15 am

nipples! 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:34 am

Karoz wrote: His biggest mistake was the initiation of the war in Iraq. Whether this mistake was due to faulty intelligence or a personal vendetta is irrelevant. The responsibility lies with him; he should have never taken us into there. However, I don't believe that the calamity that ensued afterwards should be a black mark against him. The unforeseen difficulties that we faced forced us to stay there. In fact, they are still forcing us to remain in Iraq. You can call Bush a catalyst, but don't say that he should've seen this coming. Remember, only hindsight is 20/20.

You gotta admit, that's a pretty HUGE mistake to make, though. It's amazing to think that we would go to war on such flimsy, partially fabricated intelligence. The onus for that mistake has to fall at Bush's feet, and no other person. That's why he's getting bashed so much.

On top of that, the whole Haliburton nonsense is at worst a huge insider deal, or at best a colossal mistake that keeps perpetuating itself without correction. Either way you slice it, the perception is that Bush is pro-oil and we're being taken for a ride by his cronies.

And that's not even touching on the debacle of the weakened dollar and massive inflation on oil prices.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
Karoz wrote: His biggest mistake was the initiation of the war in Iraq. Whether this mistake was due to faulty intelligence or a personal vendetta is irrelevant. The responsibility lies with him; he should have never taken us into there. However, I don't believe that the calamity that ensued afterwards should be a black mark against him. The unforeseen difficulties that we faced forced us to stay there. In fact, they are still forcing us to remain in Iraq. You can call Bush a catalyst, but don't say that he should've seen this coming. Remember, only hindsight is 20/20.

You gotta admit, that's a pretty HUGE mistake to make, though. It's amazing to think that we would go to war on such flimsy, partially fabricated intelligence. The onus for that mistake has to fall at Bush's feet, and no other person. That's why he's getting bashed so much.

On top of that, the whole Haliburton nonsense is at worst a huge insider deal, or at best a colossal mistake that keeps perpetuating itself without correction. Either way you slice it, the perception is that Bush is pro-oil and we're being taken for a ride by his cronies.

And that's not even touching on the debacle of the weakened dollar and massive inflation on oil prices.

This is not defending Bush, but I think it is funny how people think the president is responsible for policy and laws regarding the economy. That is congresses job, and the Dems have been in power in congress for the last 4 years. Yes, the president can veto things, but if you want laws passed to help you it is congresses job and they have been horrible.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk