PPR leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

PPR leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR leagues

Postby theplayer11 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:58 pm

with 1 ppr for both WRs and Rbs..starting 2 Rbs, 2 WRs and 1 flex..are Wrs more valuable than RBs? Who would you normally start as your flex..Wr or RB?
theplayer11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: PPR leagues

Postby dream_017 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:23 pm

theplayer11 wrote:with 1 ppr for both WRs and Rbs..starting 2 Rbs, 2 WRs and 1 flex..are Wrs more valuable than RBs? Who would you normally start as your flex..Wr or RB?

RBs are just about always the most valuable position in FF. There are very few exception to that, and PPR is not one of them. It makes certain RBs even more valuable. The rule is to generally start a RB in the flex position. A RB will generally pick up yards, but it is not always certain that a WR will make a catch. If you have 3 very good WRs and a RB that is a back-up or 3rd down back, then you will want to go with the WR. It depends a lot on situation and who is on your roster, but I would build it for starting a RB at flex ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:31 am

dream_017 wrote:
theplayer11 wrote:with 1 ppr for both WRs and Rbs..starting 2 Rbs, 2 WRs and 1 flex..are Wrs more valuable than RBs? Who would you normally start as your flex..Wr or RB?

RBs are just about always the most valuable position in FF. There are very few exception to that, and PPR is not one of them. It makes certain RBs even more valuable. The rule is to generally start a RB in the flex position. A RB will generally pick up yards, but it is not always certain that a WR will make a catch. If you have 3 very good WRs and a RB that is a back-up or 3rd down back, then you will want to go with the WR. It depends a lot on situation and who is on your roster, but I would build it for starting a RB at flex ;-D

I agree with everything dream said. ;-D

FBG has a PPR Redraft cheatsheet:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/app ... owrecent=7

Good luck! ;-D

PS: Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby danielgreen091 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:57 pm

PPR makes WR's more valuable, but not more valuable than a true stud RB. Drafting in a PPR league may make me go RB/WR/RB a little more often depending on the talent available, but my biggest priority is still to get two good RB's early.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby John Galt » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Make sure you check out a cheatsheet that takes ppr into consideration. It can really have an effect on the RB rankings, also possession receivers get a boost as well.
John Galt
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mozzy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:03 pm

PPR generally makes receiving RBs MUCH more valuable, and it makes WRs and TEs who catch a lot of passes much more valuable. In most PPR leagues I'm in, I don't even think about drafting a QB until 5th or 6th round, and only then if a high tier one is available. I generally still stick to RB-WR-RB if the drafters are good, but if a very good receiving RB falls to the 2nd round, I'll go for that over a decent WR if a run on WRs had already started. Just my opinion.
mozzy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum