Our Military In Action - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Our Military In Action

Moderator: Football Moderators

Our Military In Action

Postby Tyeattolah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Just want to congratulate our Illinois AIr National Guard for their efforts in assisting the victims of this years flooding along the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers...I'll bet others have friends, family that are involved in these domestic efforts. Way to go!

My son has been deployed north of St Louis for almost three weeks helping to sand bag and assist where needed! Post your thanks and recognize our Active Duty, Guard and Reserve contributions to our domestic issues!
;-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Our Military In Action

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 pm

That's awesome Tyeattolah! And congrats at having a kid in the service. ;-D My cousin will be hitting AF boot camp in September and my 8-year old is totally enamored by him. Drawing pictures of soldiers and pointing out my cousin in each one. We spent most of the day yesterday walking around with our saws, hachets and axes helping our neighbors clear branches and trees from their driveways and yards. We have 3 very large trees in our back yard and were blessed that we had barely any branches fall from the massive storm we had last night. Some had entire trees uprooted. Anyway, thank God for the men and women in your Illinois Air National Guard and the other servicemen and women around our country helping out. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Re: Our Military In Action

Postby Tyeattolah » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Cool. I think its great when our young people make a commitment to the military. Its a great career.

I know of people who have avoided mandatory service by not eating so their bodies were not able to even stand the pre-entrance physicals. Bunch of wimps! Quite the examples for their kids as they grow up.

Weather this year has been amazing...just back from California where the smoke near San Francisco area was incredible even though the fires were quite far off. Good to know we have a military that can respond to many different situations
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk