Madden 09 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 09

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 09

Postby nyrb4life » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:47 pm

Cover Athlete: Brett Favre, first inactive cover athlete in series history.
Marshall Faulk wrote:I don't know how the Madden curse will get him. Maybe he'll get hurt on his lawnmower.

New Features
-Madden IQ System: The game adjusts it's difficulty based on your performance on 12 different drills testing pass offense, pass defense, rush offense, and rush defense. Also adjusts after each game.
-Enhanced TV Broadcast Feel: New announcers are Tom Hammond and Cris Collinsworth. EA BackTrack allows commentators to break down key plays or mistakes much like a TV broadcast.
-Online Leagues: New to the series is online leagues, supporting 32 players, including option for fantasy draft, as well as either traditional NFL schedule or round robin style leagues.
-Improved graphics, gameplay, simulation, and camera features
-Rewind: Optional feature that allows players to redo plays.
-Custom TD Celebrations

Wii Features
-5v5 mode
-Call your shots: Direct receivers where you want them with the Wii Remote and create plays on the fly.
-Expanded Custom TD Celebrations

In Stores August 12th
------------------------------
This looks to be the biggest improvement to the game in quite a while. Can't wait for the online leagues.
nyrb4life
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Madden 09

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:11 pm

I can't wait! I hope there are improvements and no regressions, and I'll be a happy camper ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Same here. Hopefully the gameplay is better, that's really the only thing I care about. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:22 pm

eagles21 wrote:Same here. Hopefully the gameplay is better, that's really the only thing I care about. ;-D

Word ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mcdilweed » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:03 am

Online leagues WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I hope they improved dynasty mode also and made the achievements harder to get and instead of just "smart simming" and getting the achievements, you get them by doing the dirty work yourself. I like 32 players also. ;-D
mcdilweed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:26 am

mcdilweed wrote:Online leagues WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! I hope they improved dynasty mode also and made the achievements harder to get and instead of just "smart simming" and getting the achievements, you get them by doing the dirty work yourself. I like 32 players also. ;-D

Yeah, its about time EA wised up and added this feature! It only took them, what? 10 years? Jeeze :-]
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Return to Video Games