Just got my dream job!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Just got my dream job!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby joejlitz » Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 am

bagobonez wrote:City.

When you get your sig redone, you should get a badge somewhere in there.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 pm

My dream job has been more of a nightmare job lately. I figured once I got out of the academy things would be downhill, but training has been just as difficult. Mostly because everyone treats you like garbage because you're a rookie and don't know how to do everything. I think most of these guys that have 20 or 30 years on the dept must have forgotten that they were once rookies as well. They expect me to know every street, every road, every block number of said streets, every traffic law, every criminal law, all while being expected to remember it instantly. This has been much harder than I thought it would be. If I KNEW everything already why would I need a trainer?

Oh a brighter note, I got in a foot chase the other day, that was fun. Didn't catch the guy, he was insanely fast, but we know where he hangs out so there's always next time.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 am

Hang in there, bago. Do some studying at night. You won't have to be good at everything right away, but be better than most other rookies at something. That will earn you some respect. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:47 pm

bagobonez wrote:Oh a brighter note, I got in a foot chase the other day, that was fun. Didn't catch the guy, he was insanely fast, but we know where he hangs out so there's always next time.

I got a chuckle out of this. :-b

Keep workin' hard man, it'll pay off. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:38 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Oh a brighter note, I got in a foot chase the other day, that was fun. Didn't catch the guy, he was insanely fast, but we know where he hangs out so there's always next time.

Hehe... yeah he smoked us like a Christmas ham. Of course we're wearing 70 lbs of gear and boots and he's wearing shorts, a tank top and sneakers. Kinda makes it a little unfair. But I'll be honest, I wouldn't have caught him anyway. :-b
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:03 am

You need an RV for your police cruiser so on the side it could say 'Winnebagobonez'
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:51 pm

scottaa1 wrote:You need an RV for your police cruiser so on the side it could say 'Winnebagobonez'

That would be awesome!
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:12 am

bagobonez wrote:My dream job has been more of a nightmare job lately. I figured once I got out of the academy things would be downhill, but training has been just as difficult. Mostly because everyone treats you like garbage because you're a rookie and don't know how to do everything. I think most of these guys that have 20 or 30 years on the dept must have forgotten that they were once rookies as well. They expect me to know every street, every road, every block number of said streets, every traffic law, every criminal law, all while being expected to remember it instantly. This has been much harder than I thought it would be. If I KNEW everything already why would I need a trainer?

Oh a brighter note, I got in a foot chase the other day, that was fun. Didn't catch the guy, he was insanely fast, but we know where he hangs out so there's always next time.

Just hang in there until you have enough experience/knowledge/confidence to be able to handle things on your own. And vow that when you have 20 years on the job, you won't treat rookies like that, but will try to make things easier for them.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:06 am

Unfortunately, a lot of jobs have this kind of "pecking order" thing that the workers like to establish. It's a crock, but it's also human nature. The tougher you are in the face of their pressure, the more they'll respect you in the long run.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:19 pm

bagobonez wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

Hehe... yeah he smoked us like a Christmas ham. Of course we're wearing 70 lbs of gear and boots and he's wearing shorts, a tank top and sneakers. Kinda makes it a little unfair. But I'll be honest, I wouldn't have caught him anyway. :-b

You should have shot him in the back. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk