Just got my dream job!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Metroid wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I got a chuckle out of this. :-b

Keep workin' hard man, it'll pay off. ;-D

Hehe... yeah he smoked us like a Christmas ham. Of course we're wearing 70 lbs of gear and boots and he's wearing shorts, a tank top and sneakers. Kinda makes it a little unfair. But I'll be honest, I wouldn't have caught him anyway. :-b

You should have shot him in the back. :-B

:-b must be from all those years in cali.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:39 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Hehe... yeah he smoked us like a Christmas ham. Of course we're wearing 70 lbs of gear and boots and he's wearing shorts, a tank top and sneakers. Kinda makes it a little unfair. But I'll be honest, I wouldn't have caught him anyway. :-b

You should have shot him in the back. :-B

:-b must be from all those years in cali.

Awwwww yeah, you know how I roll. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:46 pm

bagobonez wrote:My dream job has been more of a nightmare job lately.

Ya take the good
ya take the bad
ya take them both
and there ya have
BLAM!

that's a fact of life, Texas style.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:46 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:My dream job has been more of a nightmare job lately.

Ya take the good
ya take the bad
ya take them both
and there ya have
BLAM!

that's a fact of life, Texas style.

you didn't just sing that, did ya? :-]
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 am

Nearly 2/3's done with my training. Things went well the first 7 weeks of training, and have gotten progressively worse since. 90% of it is my trainer. He's a hypocrite. He's smug. He's pompous. He's arrogant. He likes to write chicken *crap* tickets to hard working citizens. I don't like him. He'll jump all over my case about something and then do that very thing the very next day. But when he does it, it's ok, because he's him, and he can do no wrong. The worst part is... he's a little tattle tale. If one of the other officers does something he doesn't like... or does something that goes slightly outside of the department's policy... the first thing he does is runs and tells a supervisor. No, let's not talk to that officer first to see if there's an explanation or to see if the situation can be worked out without bringing a supervisor into it. No, let's go straight to the supervisor so he can be punished.

Luckily I have 2 more weeks with this guy and then I'll have a different trainer. Just needed to vent and give u guys an update. Otherwise, things are going ok. I caught a burglar in the act the other day. He came out of this lady's house and i drew my gun on him and we got him arrested. First time I had pointed my gun at someone. But it felt good to get that lady's stuff back to her before he could escape with it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 am

Way to go, Bago! Keeping America safe!

As for your trainer, don't let him get you down! I've run into a lot of jackasses in my line of work and the best thing to do is to remember that when you are a trainer, you don't do the same things. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Keep your head up Bago and just be grateful you weren't raised to be that kind of guy. I've worked with those types before and it's frustrating. Just know you're better than that. Keep it up and thanks for the updates. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 pm

I had an experience with an officer in training the other day. I was pulling in to the parking lot of a store, pulling in to the aisle to park, and there were two women walking down the middle of the aisle about one car length in. By pulling into the aisle I got right behind them, and they didn't notice me until I was all the way in, about five feet away. One woman got out of the way, but the other stopped, turned around right in front of my car, and started yelling obscenities at me, "I'm walking here," and blah blah blah.

She stood there, said her piece, then moved out of the way to my side of the car. As I drove by she dropped an F bomb on me, so I dropped one in return. She was all full of beans until I spouted back at her, and then she became offended and was like, "Oh my god did you hear what he said?" to the other woman. I drove away, not caring much, and parked my car. We sat there for a while as my daughter finished her lunch, and as we're sitting there, I see Ms. Full of Beans behind my car, reading my license plate into her cell phone. I have no idea who this chick is or what she's going to do with my plate, so I get out and say, "What are you doing?" with my hands out to the sides, palms up. She sees me and runs off, and I stepped after her, again saying, "What do you think you're doing?"

Here's where it gets interesting. She goes from all full of piss and vinegar, all up-in-your-face attitude, to suddenly "terrified" and fearful. I'm not making this up - this really happens next - she grabs some bystander woman by the elbow and drags her into the store, telling the woman she's terrified of me or some such thing. I'm just standing there, arms out from my sides, palms up, with this "WTF" look on my face. They go inside and I was like, "Forget it" and went back to my car and waited for my daughter to finish lunch.

So a few minutes go by and she's done, and we go into the store and this woman is now at Customer Service (right next to the front door) with security, her hands shaking like crazy, with this totally terrified look on her face. I see her as we walk in and she does this quick spin like she can't even bear to look at me. So I go over to Customer Service to see what's going on, and they won't talk to me. Having done nothing wrong but not being a fool, I figure she's on the phone with the cops, so I wait.

Five minutes or so go by, and three cops RUN into the store. I've been standing there calmly doing nothing the whole time, and that's how they enter. So I tell the cops what happened, they take a statement from her, and I ask what's going on.

She accused me of trying to run her over in the parking lot. To the cops. This was probably not the best way to respond to that, but I just laughed when they told me.

The officer I’m speaking to is in training, and he’s the one who took her statement, and he’s being pretty cool about it. He’s not belligerent to me or anything, and he’s not treating me like the bad guy, which is cool, because this woman is accusing me of something that could be pretty serious.

Unfortunately for her, this store’s parking lot is covered by about ten different cameras, so all they have to do is check the tapes to see what happened. This takes about ten minutes, during which time I’m chatting with the officer, and this woman is over at Customer Service still going on with her antics, the shaking, the terrified look, everything. It’s not Oscar-worthy, but she was selling it.

The police get done looking at the video, and they go to her first. I don’t know what the officer told her, but she goes from this B-Movie Scream Queen look on her face, utter terror, to this “Well, F you too!” look, and then walks out. The trainee comes over to me, tells me I shouldn’t have given her an F bomb even if she bombed me first, and told me to have a nice day.

So that’s my first brush with the police in… two-plus decades. And he was a trainee and pretty cool. Even though he was new on the job he could see through her BS story, and it’s pretty helpful to have had the tape backup. I’m guessing once they saw her in front of my car shouting at me it was all over for the Drama Queen.

As I was chatting with the other officer waiting for them to review the tape, the cop told me that if the video looked like I was purposefully getting too close to the woman they would arrest me for Assault with a Motor Vehicle. How’s that for turning into the wrong aisle while grocery shopping? 8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Man, I was planning on visiting Lincoln in a couple weeks, but not if it's full of crazy people!
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 pm

The most ridiculous part of it was how she went from "You will respect me" sassy and brassy to suddenly being this horrified victim. It would have been comical if she wasn't accusing me of something so serious.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk