Just got my dream job!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Just got my dream job!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:55 pm

knapplc wrote:The most ridiculous part of it was how she went from "You will respect me" sassy and brassy to suddenly being this horrified victim. It would have been comical if she wasn't accusing me of something so serious.


I think I probably would have laughed regardless. I mean, how embarrassing for her, to make such a stink over obviously nothing, waste everyone's time, and then have it exposed as a childish plow. And with you little girl in tow? Pathetic. I don't think I could have kept a straight face.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Dropped an f-bomb with your daughter in the car??? You must have been pretty upset, didn't think you had it in you.

I can't stand the prima Donna's that walk down the middle of the lane, or cross diagonally longways, as if holding everyone up somehow makes them feel important. And then they unload their cart and leave it sitting there behind someone else's car.

For those reasons, and to avoid door dings, I park off to the sides in empty areas. Avoids all the above and keeps my car purty. ;-D

Oh, and... Bago's got a gun.
The whole world's come undone
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm

I had an 'situation' where we were in a small town and I was driving up "Main Street" and this lady and her small son were walking 2 walkers with infants in each one. And they were right in the middle of the street. At this particular area there wasn't a sidewalk and I figured my time wasn't so precious that I couldn't be patient, even if I didn't agree with how she was going about her little walk.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Dropped an f-bomb with your daughter in the car??? You must have been pretty upset, didn't think you had it in you.

Yeah. I immediately regretted it. It's not the first time I've cussed in front of my daughter. When she's not in the car I can curse like a sailor, but when she's with me I really try to put a lid on it.

I suppose it was the combination of her standing in front of my car continuing to harangue me, then keeping it up as I drove by. I believe I said something like, "Get the bomb out of the way." There's worse, but still.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Man, I spent the entire weekend arguing and debating with cops and former cops. They're family and I love them, but geez...I really hope some of the stuff they were saying was just machismo to try to impress the other cops or something.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Man, I spent the entire weekend arguing and debating with cops and former cops. They're family and I love them, but geez...I really hope some of the stuff they were saying was just machismo to try to impress the other cops or something.


What were they saying?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 am

Laughing and bragging about breaking a suspect's ribs after he was cuffed, tasering a guy following a foot chase even though the guy gave up the chase and laid down without resisting, driving 100 mph on the freeway while off-duty because they have the brass pass, etc., etc., etc. Apparently, they don't like being called on that BS by someone who has "never been in that position" and "can't know what it's like," which are about the lamest excuses I can imagine.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Laughing and bragging about breaking a suspect's ribs after he was cuffed, tasering a guy following a foot chase even though the guy gave up the chase and laid down without resisting, driving 100 mph on the freeway while off-duty because they have the brass pass, etc., etc., etc. Apparently, they don't like being called on that BS by someone who has "never been in that position" and "can't know what it's like," which are about the lamest excuses I can imagine.


Something wrong with people like that. Bago, don't be one of those guys. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Laughing and bragging about breaking a suspect's ribs after he was cuffed, tasering a guy following a foot chase even though the guy gave up the chase and laid down without resisting, driving 100 mph on the freeway while off-duty because they have the brass pass, etc., etc., etc. Apparently, they don't like being called on that BS by someone who has "never been in that position" and "can't know what it's like," which are about the lamest excuses I can imagine.


Something wrong with people like that. Bago, don't be one of those guys. :-D

Authority is abused all the time. When you feel like you're untouchable, some people do whatever they want. It's human nature.

You don't have to look too far to see examples of this. ;-7
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:59 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Laughing and bragging about breaking a suspect's ribs after he was cuffed, tasering a guy following a foot chase even though the guy gave up the chase and laid down without resisting, driving 100 mph on the freeway while off-duty because they have the brass pass, etc., etc., etc. Apparently, they don't like being called on that BS by someone who has "never been in that position" and "can't know what it's like," which are about the lamest excuses I can imagine.


Something wrong with people like that. Bago, don't be one of those guys. :-D

Authority is abused all the time. When you feel like you're untouchable, some people do whatever they want. It's human nature.

You don't have to look too far to see examples of this. ;-7


But there are laws to protect us from such blatant abuses right? I really hope, like Art said, that is was just a thick laying on of the machismo.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:37 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact