Just got my dream job!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Just got my dream job!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just got my dream job!!!

Postby RiffRaff » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:45 am

deerayfan072 wrote:I am going on a ride along with some police officers in my city this evening ;-D I will be there from 5 PM to 3 AM, which is almost a whole shift for these guys. We are allowed follow them everywhere, except for getting out of the car on a traffic stop

good luck to you Bago. I have heard from the officers here that the beginning is not much fun

Man wouldn't that something if you got in the middle of a gun fight and you had to stay in the car. I'd be tempted to jump in the front and get the H out of there. :-o

That stuff doesn't happen; too often that is. Have fun DeevilRay. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:52 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Stick in there bago. Great job finding the time to update us here at the Cafe. I am glad to hear that you are starting to get where you are enjoying it. If you don't mind me asking, about how many are there in your "class" you might say and how many have dropped out since you started. I understand you might not be able to divulge that or something, so that's cool.

Absolutely agreed. Stay strong man. ;-D ;-D

I'll add my usual, I'll pray for ya. Its not an easy training, I've heard my Dad's stories.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:06 am

Good to hear it's not a cakewalk and you're still in this thing bago. Keep it up. We need good cops. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Good to hear it's not a cakewalk and you're still in this thing bago. Keep it up. We need good cops. ;-D

Well we need cops anyways. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Good to hear it's not a cakewalk and you're still in this thing bago. Keep it up. We need good cops. ;-D

Especially on that crazy West Coast where I hear these wackos start large wooden structures on fire for fun. Don't forget your nightstick bago. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Especially on that crazy West Coast where I hear these wackos start large wooden structures on fire for fun. Don't forget your nightstick bago. :-D

I think I'll live without the nightstick as long as I have a Tazer and gun. :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:54 pm

Keep it up Bago. The hard part is past. They are just trying to test your breaking point and you succeeded so far. Sounds like you are hanging tough. After the fight thread I some how figured you would be fine.

Remember "You can do whatever you want to do if you want to do it bad enough."
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:20 pm

bagobonez wrote:I think I'll live without the nightstick as long as I have a Tazer and gun. :-b

Use the gun on those guys in Florida and anyone else who has 'bro' in their vocabulary. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I think I'll live without the nightstick as long as I have a Tazer and gun. :-b

Use the gun on those guys in Florida and anyone else who has 'bro' in their vocabulary. :-D

Hehehe... wish I could sometimes, believe me, but of course there are laws against such things. Doesn't mean I can't provoke them into taking a swing and then whooping some @SS though.... j/k of course. :-b
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Just finished another week. My car broke down on Tuesday, and of course my employers don't care about that, they just want me to make sure I can get to work by any means necessary, so I had to rent a car that night so I could get to work the next day. Since it was so late, the only place that had any cars for rent was the airport, so that took ALL night, and all of the next night for returning the car to the airport, etc. Cracked radiator, going to replace it tomorrow hopefully. Luckily a friend of mine (pretty much my only friend in my new city) let me borrow his car because he just quit his job and was going to stay at home for the rest of the week.

Had two more people quit. One guy quit because he was from puerto rico and he had a hard time reading in English and failed the first test and just decided it was going to be too tough I guess. The other guy quit because he's a pastor and either decided the duties of a police officer would conflict too much with his religious values or he decided this job would be too demanding on his time to allow him to continue to be a pastor. So we're down to 48 now from the original 54. Earlier this week my knee was hurting so bad I could barely put weight on it. Lucky for me we didn't have any P.T. from Tuesday until today and it had a chance to get to feeling better before we did PT again today. Kind of weird. I'm quick to get little nagging injuries but I'm quick to get over them too.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk