Summer Olympics? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Summer Olympics?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Summer Olympics?

Postby eagles21 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:50 am

So the Olympics are almost a month away. Is anyone excited for it? I personally can't wait. I love watching the track and field events, especially the long distance running events like the 5K (which are done in just ridiculous times :-b ).
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Summer Olympics?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:27 am

I always try to, but never do get into the Olympics. They're holding the swimming trials here in Omaha and the kid across the street got a bunch of signatures yesterday, including Michael Phelps.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby mikus » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:36 am

I watched some of the Olympic trials last night. Being a former track/cross country guy, I love watching the track stuff. I also am interested to see how the basketball team fares this time around. Hopefully better. Yes, I probably will watch as much as I can, as long as it does not interfere with any football watching. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:45 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I always try to, but never do get into the Olympics. They're holding the swimming trials here in Omaha and the kid across the street got a bunch of signatures yesterday, including Michael Phelps.

I played poker with him ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:56 am

dream_017 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I always try to, but never do get into the Olympics. They're holding the swimming trials here in Omaha and the kid across the street got a bunch of signatures yesterday, including Michael Phelps.

Awesome. Did he call you?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:59 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Awesome. Did he call you?

I sat at his table just as he was getting ready to leave, but did get to play a couple hands with him. Never got down to just me and him though
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:00 pm

probably most boring sporting event there is
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:26 pm

mikus wrote:I watched some of the Olympic trials last night. Being a former track/cross country guy, I love watching the track stuff. I also am interested to see how the basketball team fares this time around. Hopefully better. Yes, I probably will watch as much as I can, as long as it does not interfere with any football watching. ;-D

I really need to drag my butt down to Eugene to watch some of these events! We had a couple of local guys make it too, which would have been fun to watch.

I really love this stuff from beginning to end- even the hype and the obnoxious Jimmy Roberts human interest stories can't ruin it for me. ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:44 pm

I've grown tired of NBC's over-dramatic human interest angle they push, but I guess any other network would do the same. :-P

I'll watch it whenever I come across it on TV, but there's nothing demanding my attention. I'm actually more interested to see if/when clashes occur between Beijing and international visitors. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:51 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I've grown tired of NBC's over-dramatic human interest angle they push, but I guess any other network would do the same. :-P

I'll watch it whenever I come across it on TV, but there's nothing demanding my attention. I'm actually more interested to see if/when clashes occur between Beijing and international visitors. :-b

Yes, that's all NBC does with the Olympics. A lot of angle jibberish and less focus on the actual events.

I'm not all too excited about the Olympics, as I think the only time I could recall being excited about it was when the Olympics was in Barcelona while I was too young to remember when the games were here in 1984. The only reason why I'd be thrilled about the Olympics is if I happened to be in Beijing some time before or during the games but that trip is going to wait a while. It'll be interesting to see if the visitors make a big fuss about politics and Tibet at Beijing but I doubt it happens actually. The main concern about Beijing and China in general is that the government rather religiously monitors Internet activity and so if you're using your work laptop on the road, you might want to be careful what kinds of confidential docs you download.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk