Yahoo or ESPN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Yahoo or ESPN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo or ESPN

Postby UTHOOKEM » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 am

I've been playing on Yahoo for many years but was wondering which one was actually better, Yahoo or ESPN? Is it even worth it to switch over? Anyone ever hear of fleaflicker.com? Thanks
UTHOOKEM
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo or ESPN

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm

I've never been a big fan of ESPN, always too many problems with them in the past, don't know if they've ironed out all the bugs and become more reliable the past few years. Yahoo is a good basic service, but they could provide a few more things in their free games. Fleaflicker was just taken over by AOL this year so it's a whole new package and the jury is still out on that one.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby danielgreen091 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:47 pm

When I want to do a free internet league I use yahoo. I have found that they have more serious players than ESPN. All of my ESPN leagues have been full of people that draft crazy (taking nothing but WR in the 1st 6 rds etc.), people that disapear after the draft or mid-season(happens all the time on ESPN), and cheaters (two teams in the same league). Yahoo has some of this, but not near as much as ESPN. I advise drafting with people you know and people that have a better chance of being serious FF players i.e. Cafe members, legit pay leagues, etc.
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby UTHOOKEM » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:23 pm

I think I made my decision, thanks. Moderator, you can delete this post if you want.
UTHOOKEM
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TomBrooklyn » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:58 pm

I have the same question but I've only played on ESPN for this season in baseball. Any more opinions?
TomBrooklyn Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby danleroi22 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:51 pm

TomBrooklyn wrote:I have the same question but I've only played on ESPN for this season in baseball. Any more opinions?

IMO, I'd go with Yahoo. I even like the system better. Public or custom league, yahoo is the better host. Stick with them. Or even better yet, go with NFL.com
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Beginner's Forum