Heres a willie parker sig i made

i still got alot to learn !+) .
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: wut u think?

Postby eagles21 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Not bad man. The player could be blended into the BG a little better, but the background is good and font is decent. You'll get better with practice though, don't worry. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Player's face too dark.
Jersey overcontrasted (the whites are washed out, the blacks lose detail) Probably used an overlay and I would take that off or drastically lower the opacity.
The bg and render need to flow better. the lighting on the bg is on the left side right next to the player and the lighting on the player is near nonexistent. I would try to brush some light on top of his left shoulder.

Not bad overall, but those are the changes I would make. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:36 pm

pretty solid sig man. id agree with the others about the contrast...his face is just a bit to dark and the white on the jersey jumps out to much, it almost makes it look fake. nice background and layout. just a couple small steps away from being an awesome sig ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:38 pm

thanks guy u rock. i don't really understand what ur saying when u talk about overlays though. and i would put lighting on his face, but i don't know what it is everytime i do face lighting it makes the render look less quality, plus i was going for a darker look. but idk. i'll work on more stuff ;-D . i hope to get photoshop soon actually
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:05 pm

abrage22 wrote:thanks guy u rock. i don't really understand what ur saying when u talk about overlays though. and i would put lighting on his face, but i don't know what it is everytime i do face lighting it makes the render look less quality, plus i was going for a darker look. but idk. i'll work on more stuff ;-D . i hope to get photoshop soon actually

What are you making that in?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:36 pm

abrage22 wrote:thanks guy u rock. i don't really understand what ur saying when u talk about overlays though. and i would put lighting on his face, but i don't know what it is everytime i do face lighting it makes the render look less quality, plus i was going for a darker look. but idk. i'll work on more stuff ;-D . i hope to get photoshop soon actually

overlay is a effect in photoshop where if you make the same layer twice, then overlay the top one, it makes it semi transparent, but the bottom layer becomes a bit darker.

i would think there is some sort of overlay effect in GIMP. if you can find one, there is a really easy way to lighten areas like the face, or just add bright spots on a sig for effect. just use a paintbrush and paint white over an area (on its own layer). blur the white paint. overlay it. thats it. ;-D . i use this method on almost every sig i make.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:48 am

Metroid wrote:

What are you making that in?

I was getting ready to tell you that it is a pretty good sig...I love the background but the player is missing something ...a little too overworked IMO.

But now reading that you are doing this without Photoshop....I am thoroughly impressed.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Return to Contests and Showing Off