what do you think of a 24 team league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

what do you think of a 24 team league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

what do you think of a 24 team league?

Postby mmgoldman21 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:03 pm

What do you think of having a big 24 team league like this? I know it will be hard for teams to fill their active lineup with good players at ever position, especially during bye weeks and when injuries hit. It might also be really tough to fill a qb, kicker or team defense position on bye weeks as well, but every team will have the same problem at some point during the season. I think it will just force you to manage your bench effectively throughout the season.

Mod edit - already posted in classifieds
mmgoldman21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: what do you think of a 24 team league?

Postby aman74 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:32 am

I would have 2 seperate drafts, 12 teams each, and bring them together for the playoffs. There won't be any identical teams, but you could have Peyton vs. Peyton or something. I have a friend who runs a league like this and they like it.

24 teams is poor fantasy football, make it 12 and 12.
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:44 pm

mmgoldman21 wrote:What do you think of having a big 24 team league like this? I think it will just force you to manage your bench effectively throughout the season.

Mod edit - already posted in classifieds

Agreed. This is a great format for die hards. Really makes you work at it.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:20 am

I'm in two 20 team leagues, but they are truly for Die Hards, both are IDP leagues to give you a chance to have a team strength in different positions, but its capable, I would suggest a flex of some sort, the lineup for ours is one starting RB, two WR's, and a wr/rb flex, now obviously being so large teams will have to start Adrian Peterson(Bears) or lower caliber players, but the object is to still find the guys who will be the most productive, you just have to look harder in deep leagues...I still do majority of leagues 12 teams, but those few larger ones each year are alot of fun, and take alot more effort, it can be done, owners just need to know what their getting into, because if you don't manage your team and draft really well past the big names you will struggle.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:41 am

I could see the potential for a lot of people to stop caring once they start to do poorly.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby tpflanz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:12 pm

aman74 wrote:I would have 2 seperate drafts, 12 teams each, and bring them together for the playoffs. There won't be any identical teams, but you could have Peyton vs. Peyton or something. I have a friend who runs a league like this and they like it.

24 teams is poor fantasy football, make it 12 and 12.

I like this idea. Like two conferences with identical player pools. Or simply allow each player to be drafted 2 times or be on two rosters. I think MFL supports that.
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner