Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre Comeback?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Ugh, I'd hate to be Aaron Rodgers...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favre Comeback?

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:49 pm

they need to come up with "hardship" freeagency or something. don't know the parameters, and I forget if rodgers signed an extension, but that has to be irritating as all hell. You career is basically out on a holding pattern because you are caught behind a legend like that.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 pm

If I were Rodgers I'd demand a trade.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 4Pack » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Been a Packer fan since the mid-70's and enjoyed every second of Favre's HOF career....but sorry Brett...you retired...case closed. I was one of the millions of Packer fans who assumed and hoped that Brett would play a couple more seasons....and we were heartbroken when he announced his retirement.

It is time for the Packers and Packer fans to move on with the post Favre era IMO. I would be dissapointed in Brett if he forced the issue and even more dissapointed in the Packer organization if they allowed him to come back. For better or worse...it is Aaron Rodgers team now.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah no doubt...make up your freaking mind Brett! :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:43 pm

i think this is a pretty selfish move by brett if he does come back.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ZanaKrembs » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:54 pm

He has to just let this lie. His career is over. He's in the HOF, he's won a SuperBowl, there's nothing left for him to do. There is nothing for him to gain by coming back. As much as we all hate/love Aaron Rodgers, it is his turn now. He's been waiting.
ZanaKrembs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby biju » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:02 pm

I can understand why he's doing this. Anyone that loves to compete will want to do so until they simply cannot do it anymore.

Maybe Favre needs to take up a bowling league or something. :-D

But seriously, I feel that the Packers need to take a really long look at what is best for the team today as well as tomorrow. If they really feel like Favre is their best chance to win today, how can they really say no? The flip side to that coin is that does a Favre comeback ruin Aaron Rodgers, or his/the Packers ability to succeed in the future?

Those are the questions that will decide this if Favre is really going to make a comeback. But I still firmly believe he'll remain retired. If he doesn't though, I think the Packers aren't necessarily going to discount it and refuse.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:15 pm

biju wrote:
Maybe Favre needs to take up a bowling league or something. :-D

Or maybe fantasy sports? He could draft Aaron #1 overall. :-b
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 2 - 5:48 pm et

Citing a league source, the Wisconsin State Journal reports that Brett Favre requested his release from the Packers "within the past few weeks."
Either Favre or his agent, Bus Cook, reportedly contacted the Packers to inform them of his intent to play again. When the Packers said they've moved on, Favre demanded to be released. The Packers said no. GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are currently on vacation and unavailable for comment. The Packers hold all the power here and if they continue to exercise it, the situation could get ugly for everyone. That is, if Favre doesn't change his mind again.
Source: Wisconsin State Journal

interesting
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to Football Talk