Favre Comeback? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre Comeback?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Favre Comeback?

Postby Popcynical » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:Ugh, so tired of everyone saying they feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers...Why? He just got handed the starting QB position for a storied franchise that he did not earn. :-t

Obviously nobody feels sorry for him now...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Popcynical wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:Ugh, so tired of everyone saying they feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers...Why? He just got handed the starting QB position for a storied franchise that he did not earn. :-t

Obviously nobody feels sorry for him now...

I feel sorry for all the poor Sconnies. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:19 pm

This just looks sooooo wrong...

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dgan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Three thoughts:

1) Why is it a horrible crime to bring Favre back to the same team and system he knows and make 4th year player Rodgers, who has thrown 59 career passes, take a back seat. Yet it is ok to bring in Favre, who doesn't know your system, doesn't know your players, and has only 3 weeks to prepare, and make 3rd year player Kellen Clemens, who has thrown nearly 5 times that many passes, take a back seat?

2) What if, after a season of at least half the Packer fans destroying him at every turn, Aaron Rodgers decides he doesn't WANT to sign an extension with Green Bay and instead decides he wants to hit the free agent market? What if he wants to get a fresh start with a new fan base and, quite frankly, a more competently managed team? I would LAUGH MY A** OFF!!!

3) Even though the end result was much different, this reminds me a lot of the Barry Sanders situation. Odd that a Packer fan like myself could in any way relate to a Lions fan. Remember when Barry retired, the anger from the fans didn't exist because they KNEW Barry would have kept playing. The anger resulted because they knew management did not do everything possible (or anything at all) to convince him to play.

Very similar with Green Bay and Favre. Sensible Packer fans realize that we will never know what truly happened here. Maybe this really was some magnificent posturing move from Favre that began in March. Maybe he wanted to leave and nothing was going to change that. I don't believe that at all, but I'll at least admit there is that possibility, simply because it is one big unknown. But what you can certainly fault the Packer organization for is their inability to answer this question: From June 19 to now, what series of events could have happened that would have made Brett Favre the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers? Until they can answer that question, I have no reason to believe they ever wanted Favre to start for them.

And McCarthy - Favre wasn't in the 'right mindset'? What did you do to help him reach the mindset that you wanted? Nothing. When asked if Favre "getting on the train" meant competing for the starting job or competing for the backup job, McCarthy said he didn't want to discuss 'hypotheticals'. What? How is that hypothetical? Maybe Favre didn't want to get on the train because its only destination for him was a desert land of baseball caps and clipboards!

I have no way of knowing if Favre was sincere when he said he wanted to return to the Packers. I have no reason to believe him, or disbelieve him. But I have every reason to believe TT and MM are a bunch of lying sacks of horse excretion that have let down their players, let down their fans, and disgraced my beloved Packers.

Go Favre, and go Packers. I will still cheer my team on, but I will also unite with Lions fans as we both try to get rid of our embarrassing management teams.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:42 pm

...anybody know what the structure of the trade was? I'm sure it was posted somewhere but I'm lazy. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:59 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:This just looks sooooo wrong...

Oh, I'm enjoying every minute of this ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Metroid wrote:...anybody know what the structure of the trade was? I'm sure it was posted somewhere but I'm lazy. :-D

Something like:

4th round pick
-or-
if he takes 50% of the snaps, 3rd round pick
-or-
if he takes 70% of the snaps and goes to the playoffs, 2nd round pick
-or-
if he takes 90% of the snaps and he goes to the Superbowl, 1st round pick.

- and -

if he goes to a NFC North team this year... Green Bay gets 3 1st round picks.

Or something like that. %-6 ;-)

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:if he goes to a NFC North team this year... Green Bay gets 3 1st round picks.

So the Pack think that Favre is potentially worth 3 first rounders and ............ :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

A trade to the Vikes would mean it would have to be more than 3 first rounders for the Jets to do it. :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Why make it so high, why go higher than 2 first rounders?

Why not make it something like a 1st and 3rd? See if the Vikes actually were willing to pay that plus a little more. If they do, the Pack gets more than the value of Favre and, best of all, they were not the ones to trade within the division. ;-D

I think we all know what the 3 first rounders actually meant. :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:33 pm

dgan wrote:...but I will also unite with Lions fans as we both try to get rid of our embarrassing management teams.

That was a great post, but it wasn't until I saw the 'unite with Loins fans' thing that made me really feel the sting in your hide. !+)

Honestly, I too think the Packers really screwed the pooch. My gut says they go 8-8 or even 7-9 and your front office is looking for a new GM and maybe a new coach by years end. Favre is an all-time classic and in no way does he belong in a NY Jets jersey. It just ain't right. :-t

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:16 am

Yea Favre out of GB is tough to visualize. But it makes all Jets fantasy value go up
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk