Buns and Guns!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Buns and Guns!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buns and Guns!!

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:40 am

Reuters wrote:BEIRUT (Reuters) - At "Buns and Guns" you can order a "Kalashnikov" sandwich from a bullet-shaped menu, prepared by chefs in military fatigues with the roar of explosions as background music.

This new fast food restaurant in Beirut's southern suburbs, where the Hezbollah movement holds sway, was the brainchild of co-owner Ali Hammoud. He said the war theme was a novel concept that had nothing to do with Lebanon's bloody recent history.

"It's just an idea I had, nothing more, nothing less. I could have put toys in place of the sandbags and teddy bears instead of guns. But it was just an idea," Hammoud told Reuters.

"First time I came here, I thought it was a weapons shop. When I looked at the names of the dishes, I still thought so. I only realized it was a restaurant when I went inside," said 15-year-old Hussein al-Hajj Ali.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Buns and Guns!!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 am

oh...i thought this was going to be about a sequel to L.E.T.H.A.L. Ladies: Return to Savage Beach with Julie Strain

Triva: former wrestler Marcus "Buff" Bagwell was in this
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Triva: former wrestler Marcus "Buff" Bagwell was in this

Thought his character was awesome (in wrestling - haven't seen that movie :-b - at least I don't think I have :-o :-b).

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:09 pm

To each his own I suppose. Personally, I don't think I'd appreciate the sounds of war while I'm trying to enjoy a meal. Similar to my preference of eating in the kitchen and not the bathroom.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:28 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Personally, I don't think I'd appreciate the sounds of war while I'm trying to enjoy a meal. Similar to my preference of eating in the kitchen and not the bathroom.

I know my bathroom can sound like a war zone some times.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 pm

I have to agree with ORS. The decor/setup could be cool especially if combined with images from classic western/war movies. You could do a really cool theme, but the explosions, etc. would be too far for me probably.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk