Cutler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Cutler

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Cutler

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:52 am

What do you guys think?
Last edited by eagles21 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cutler

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:06 am

eagles21 wrote:Image

What do you guys think?

Not sure I'm qualified to critique yet but I do know what I like so take my opinion for what its worth...no much. :-b

Anyway it seems a little too washed out especially near his face and hand. I like the angling of the name but don't know if I care for the font. I like the "static" type effect on his fingers and on the ball...makes him seem electric! YOW!!!!! :-B

If I liked Cutler or the Broncos I'd sport it. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 am

I definitely value your opinion Met........ a little. ;-7 :-b

I'm horrible with fonts, just something I've come to except from myself. This actually is one of my better tries with the font in my opinion, which means that it still sucks. You're right though, I might have made it a bit too bright near his face. Thanks. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:52 pm

I would lower the displacement effect overall. I really love what it did around the football and fingers like Met said, and a couple of other places (light streak on far right side is one of them) however, I would add a layer mask and reduce the effect on the rest of the sig a little bit. The font really isn't that bad. Actually its a really good font its just the placement of it isn't quite right. Not sure why though. :-? For most of my sigs, I tend to use either Arial or century Gothic or Impact. Nothing really fancy most of the time, just effects and placement is what makes really good fonts. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:57 pm

cool sig dude...im diggin it ;-D ;-D . love the brushing on this. i suck with brushing. like the colors and the layout. the font is sketchy, but with this style of sig its kind of hard to get one that fits well, especially at an angle. its not bad though. the only thing i might change is that one angled brush stroke on the right. id tone it down just a tad. its so much brighter than everything it draws too much attention.

BTW...i got that same pic off that link you shared :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. ;-D

EDIT: I'll try what you said joel, but I am horrible with layer masks since I never really use them.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Contests and Showing Off