Marvin Harrison......opinions on this upcoming season. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marvin Harrison......opinions on this upcoming season.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Marvin Harrison......opinions on this upcoming season.

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Not that I in any way want to see Marvin Harrison sitting on the bench, but I'd really love to see what 2008 draft choice Pierre Garcon can do. He played for division III Mount Union, but the kid ruled that division and made a big splash when he played against better competition in the Texas v. Nation game. Guy just seems like a major playmaker, but he's going to have to work his way up through the ranks. Can the preseason come any quicker, please!!!

I'm excited to see what he can do as well. Him and Marcus Howard are guys i'll be watching in the pre-season. Bring it on! :-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I'll probably be watching Roy Hall alot in the pre-season to see what he can do, he has some size and athleticism he has just yet to put everything together, even in college, but he is certainly an intriguing player.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I'll probably be watching Roy Hall alot in the pre-season to see what he can do, he has some size and athleticism he has just yet to put everything together, even in college, but he is certainly an intriguing player.

Absolutely! Hall's season was abruptly ended by a shoulder injury in week three, but he should be in the mix this season. Because Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez were so talented, Hall was buried on the Ohio St. depth chart, but he has all the talent necessary to make it at the pro level. Personally, I think the Colts WR depth should look like this at the end of the preseason:

1. Reggie Wayne
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Anthony Gonzalez
4. Roy Hall
5. Pierre Garcon

With Aaron Moorehead out of the picture (finally), there's room for the two youngsters to move up. I can't see Courtney Roby or Devin Aromashodu make the cut this year, unless Hall or Garcon get banged up. It's still a bit of a shock to me that Moorehead lasted five years in Indy. I realize he has some size, but he was less reliable than Troy Walters or Jerome Pathon for that matter and they lasted for fewer years than Moorehead.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
With Aaron Moorehead out of the picture (finally),

Amen brutha... I like your depth chart rankings. AG matures in his second year, Wayne continues to rack up the yards, and Harrison returns as Manning's second look.

Altho the news item that Dungy said Marvin is running with a smile has me wondering... Marvin never smiles.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:00 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
With Aaron Moorehead out of the picture (finally),

Amen brutha... I like your depth chart rankings. AG matures in his second year, Wayne continues to rack up the yards, and Harrison returns as Manning's second look.

Altho the news item that Dungy said Marvin is running with a smile has me wondering... Marvin never smiles.

You know, Marvin might just be out to prove something this year. After all, most people are writing him off, saying he's too old and banged up to play at an elite level. Also, someone I forgot to mention is undrafted free agent Samuel Giguere, who's been a bit of a revelation of sorts since being signed by Indy. Word is, the guy quite polished and came into camp looking very impressive. I hope when people refer to him as impressive, they aren't just talking about his arms... 8-o

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:08 pm

Dang... he's huge. A physical guy to go across the middle to keep a potentially fragile Harrison from having to do it. I likes.

Seriously, it's hard to get that kind of arm size without steroids, and I'm assuming he passed the tests for that. He's got the cocky look to go with it. Some attitude and muscle on the Colts offense sounds great to me.

I'm so psyched for the season already and it's only July.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:10 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I'm so psyched for the season already and it's only July.

Seriously, August 3rd cannot come quickly enough.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:07 am

scottaa1 wrote:Dang... he's huge. A physical guy to go across the middle to keep a potentially fragile Harrison from having to do it. I likes.

Seriously, it's hard to get that kind of arm size without steroids, and I'm assuming he passed the tests for that. He's got the cocky look to go with it. Some attitude and muscle on the Colts offense sounds great to me.

I'm so psyched for the season already and it's only July.

I could take him. B-)

:-B :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Colts' Harrison good to go for camp
Receiver cleared for all activities, but team will take cautious approach
By Mike Chappell
Posted: July 23, 2008

It will be full speed ahead for Marvin Harrison when the Indianapolis Colts hold their first training camp practice Friday morning at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute.

Coach Tony Dungy said Tuesday afternoon that team physicians have informed him the Colts' eight-time Pro Bowl receiver "would be ready to go when we get there.''

"He's been running and feeling good and everybody, including Marvin, is really enthused and optimistic about how that's gone."

The team likely will take a conservative approach to how much work Harrison gets. He missed 11 games with an injury to his left knee. Harrison, 36, also had an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee during the offseason.

Dungy said he believes no repercussions are looming from Harrison's connection to an April 29 shooting in Philadelphia.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 30404/1100
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm

I really like Harrison's value this year. I think he will come back strong, and Peyton will still target him quite a bit since they have such a great rapport. Also, with so many people seemingly waiting for Reggie Wayne to pass Marvin on depth charts, I think a lot of people will move Harrison farther down the rankings than they should. It seems like older WRs tend to come back for at least one more good year after they start to see the injuries come. It's entirely possible that you could get #1 WR production out of him for a #2 WR price.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk