Marvin Harrison......opinions on this upcoming season. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marvin Harrison......opinions on this upcoming season.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Marvin Harrison......opinions on this upcoming season.

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00 pm

onnestabe wrote:I really like Harrison's value this year. I think he will come back strong, and Peyton will still target him quite a bit since they have such a great rapport. Also, with so many people seemingly waiting for Reggie Wayne to pass Marvin on depth charts, I think a lot of people will move Harrison farther down the rankings than they should. It seems like older WRs tend to come back for at least one more good year after they start to see the injuries come. It's entirely possible that you could get #1 WR production out of him for a #2 WR price.

I do to. I think he carries some risk but who doesn't. He has a lot of value at where he being drafted. Someone is going to be like the butchers dog if he comes back to form. Remember early in his career he had a season ending injury after posting great numbers to start. Next year I grabbed him around where he is being drafted this year and it paid dividends.

I'd gamble on him if the price was right.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby mattUTD20 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:34 am

If you draft Harrison, should you draft AG also? After watching AG at the end of last season I think he has great potential to be a strong WR2 if Harrison breaks down and is undoubtedly in one of the best situations a young WR can be in. Is it worth it to hedge your bet if you take Harrison by taking AG?
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:40 am

mattUTD20 wrote:If you draft Harrison, should you draft AG also? After watching AG at the end of last season I think he has great potential to be a strong WR2 if Harrison breaks down and is undoubtedly in one of the best situations a young WR can be in. Is it worth it to hedge your bet if you take Harrison by taking AG?

Very valid point. Everyone carries risk but Harrison has moved up to a different category now with the age and injury. If you are investing a 6th rounder you may have to invest the 7th, maybe 8th for Gonzalez. Now, does that make Harrison a good value if it is costing you 2 picks?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk