Suggestions for IR Issues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Suggestions for IR Issues

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Suggestions for IR Issues

Postby spodog » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 pm

dream_017 wrote:
spodog wrote:
When does the injury report get updated?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: For all Sunday and Monday games, the NFL releases the official injury report on Friday evenings. For Thursday games (including the first game of the season), the NFL releases an early official injury report for just these players on Tuesday evenings.

In addition, starting with the 2007 season, the NFL issues a "practice report" on Wednesday evenings.

Here is the info from MFL's own web site.

Prior to 2007, MFL showed the same things on Wed and Thur (when a lot of planning for the upcoming weekend is occurring) that the USAToday and other publications showed. Namely, it showed the OUT, DOUBTFUL, QUEST, PROBABLE designations if the team had already reported them to the league.

Beginning last year, MFL began to display this practice status information on WED, THUR and FRI until the official NFL injury reports were available.

I guess I don't see the issue :-S The official report comes out on Friday and that is when they update players. Now that the practice reports are becoming more main stream they are including those as they are available.

I did not have a MFL league last year so I don't know if there were any issues or not. Someone isn't officially out until the report comes on Froday, whether they report it early or not or if the site has it listed or not early. My guess is that they more then likely leave up the previous weeks injury report status until the new one comes out so that really isn't any better for strict league rules on IR.

It's not a big issue, but here it is:

In my main league, a LOT of roster mgmt takes place on TUE, WED and THUR. This includes a number of player trades, as well as blind bidding activity to acquire free agents. Moving players from active status to IR, where allowed, plays a big role in owners strategy of how to manage their roster.

Prior to '07, the IR Status of each player as listed in MFL was sufficient to determine whether a player was allowed to be moved to IR on Tue or Wed (per our rules). Last year, that became more difficult, since there was really no official IR status on players, even the injured ones, until FRI of each week, so the whole roster shuffle and monitoring it became more challenging.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner