Things most everyone likes, but you don't - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Things most everyone likes, but you don't

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Things most everyone likes, but you don't

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 pm

treat24 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:
treat24 wrote:
mcdonalds: haven't eaten mcdonalds in 7 1/2 years (Feb 14th, 2001)

Did you take your girlfriend/wife on a special Valentine's day dinner....at McDonalds???? :-* :-* :-D

hehe, nah... just a weird coincidence, funny eh... it's the only reason I remember the date.

As a side note: I started dating my future wife later that year. She despises valentine day. refuses to celebrate it, i gave her flowers once... she called it a hallmark holiday and told me never to buy anything again on that day. I like not having to buy anything for valentines.

My wife's kind of that way. She doesn't mind celebrating Valentine's day or getting flowers or whatever as long as it's not the ONLY time it happens. Because if it's the ONLY time it happens, clearly it's not very genuine. But she'd rather get flowers on some random day for no reason than make a big deal out of Valentine's Day.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:51 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:You guys are crazy! Velveeta and Miracle whip is awesome. Especially when you make a grilled "cheese" with both. :-L

Uhhhh yuck....if that was the last food on earth I'd starve. %-6
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby fezzik » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:You guys are crazy! Velveeta and Miracle whip is awesome. Especially when you make a grilled "cheese" with both. :-L

Yeah...that's a truly nasty concoction IMO. %-6
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:53 pm

fezzik wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Yeah...that's a truly nasty concoction IMO. %-6

Ever pealed apart a grilled cheese sandwich? Now you put mayo on it and some guys even like ketchup with it. I'm having some bad images and bad thoughts. :-o
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:55 am

Metroid wrote:Miracle Whip is just plain wrong....and Velveeta cheese....blech!!!! %-6

Miracle Whip is the suck (but i love me some mayo). i like Velveeta on burgers or mixed with some hormel chili in a crockpot
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 am

I don't know how many people out there like hummus, but I can't stand the stuff.

Mexican food in general.

I don't like mayo except on a club sandwich. I've seen people who dip their french fries in mayo. :-{

the Holidays. Just a bunch of spending money and traveling that I don't want to do.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:10 am

treat24 wrote:salad: only had 2 in my life, hate them... bad for the digestive tract and slows digestion and slows metabolism unless you eat the salad as your meal or after your meal. I don't have crohns, i've dated one with it and known others, they can tell you, lettuce is almost inedible for some, for regular people, it takes forever to digest. Eating salads as the meal or after the meal (instead of before it) is one of the reasons many french women are so skinny... (there's a whole book about it)... eating a salad before your meal slows everything down and can cause you to gain weight.

soup: haven't eaten soup in over 20 years. when I was a kid I was fed soup when sick. now the mere smell of soup makes me a tad ill.

that's what I'm planning on for lunch today... beef noodle soup and a small chef salad. ;-)

oops, my boobs are showing
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:14 am

scottaa1 wrote:I don't know how many people out there like hummus, but I can't stand the stuff.

Mexican food in general.

I don't like mayo except on a club sandwich. I've seen people who dip their french fries in mayo. :-{

the Holidays. Just a bunch of spending money and traveling that I don't want to do.

I like me some hummus....and you don't care for Mexican food? Man thats kinda weird. 8-o

I agree that for the most part the holidays can be kind of annoying but once you get through all the shopping and traveling they can be pretty enjoyable....the eating, drinking, watching sports, socializing, napping is pretty fun.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 am

Metroid wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:I don't know how many people out there like hummus, but I can't stand the stuff.

Mexican food in general.

I like me some hummus....and you don't care for Mexican food? Man thats kinda weird. 8-o

I agree that for the most part the holidays can be kind of annoying but once you get through all the shopping and traveling they can be pretty enjoyable....the eating, drinking, watching sports, socializing, napping is pretty fun.

yeah, i love hummus/middle-eastern food...the city i live in has the largest middle eastern population outside of the middle east (or % of total population...something like that anyway) so there are lots of options to choose from, they make some awesome lambchops

Mexican food is the ;-D too, we usually have it once a week (either at home or go out)

i dont really care for christmas anymore, i have to come up with a list of gifts i dont really want or need but i loves me some Thanksgiving Dinner
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:28 pm

treat24 wrote:salad: only had 2 in my life, hate them... bad for the digestive tract and slows digestion and slows metabolism unless you eat the salad as your meal or after your meal. I don't have crohns, i've dated one with it and known others, they can tell you, lettuce is almost inedible for some, for regular people, it takes forever to digest. Eating salads as the meal or after the meal (instead of before it) is one of the reasons many french women are so skinny... (there's a whole book about it)... eating a salad before your meal slows everything down and can cause you to gain weight.

Think I mentioned this earlier but I can't stand eating salad. I'd only eat it with meat and some kind of starch (rice, potatoes) on the side. It's a massive rarity though. I also had a very bad experience with salad when I was 6 years old because it gave me food poisoning.

Many French women are skinny because the key is not to eat too much at dinner. Fattening up at lunch is fine but the less one eats for dinner, then the digestive system has an easier job of breaking down food when metabolic rate is higher: sleep.

treat24 wrote:As a side note: I started dating my future wife later that year. She despises valentine day. refuses to celebrate it, i gave her flowers once... she called it a hallmark holiday and told me never to buy anything again on that day. I like not having to buy anything for valentines.

I've always, always hated Valentine's Day which is why I was fortunate to find a girl (my last ex) that hated Valentine's Day. I guess the French aren't that fond of Valentine's Day, are they? :-b

Mexican food in general.

I like hummus. It's fantastic with almost any kind of grilled meat especially lamb chop kebabs.

I'm not too fond about Mexican food for some reason. Even the premium Mexican restaurant food chains like Baja Fresh or Chipotle and the local joints that serve the real deal. Don't get me wrong, Mexican food is good but for some reason, I get tired of it easily more than any other ethnic food.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk