Season Schedule - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

Season Schedule

Moderator: Football Moderators

Season Schedule

Postby Tyeattolah » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:05 pm

NOt the hardest schedule we've ever faced but there are soe tough games throughout the year...GB, TB, and of course toss a coin on the division games (always tough).

ONly upsetting thing was not playing Carolina Kitties again this year...guaranteed win!!! ;-7

So what are your thoughts on the Cowboy schedule this year? :-)
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Sun 9/7 @ Cleveland 3:15 PM
Mon 9/15 PHILADELPHIA 7:30 PM
Sun 9/21 @ Green Bay 7:15 PM
Sun 9/28 WASHINGTON 3:15 PM
Sun 10/05 CINCINNATI 3:15 PM
Sun 10/12 @ Arizona 3:15 PM
Sun 10/19 @ St. Louis NOON
Sun 10/26 TAMPA BAY NOON
Sun 11/02 @ NY Giants 3:15 PM
Sun 11/09 BYE
Sun 11/16 @ Washington 7:15 PM
Sun 11/23 SF 49ERS NOON
Thur 11/27 SEATTLE 3:15 PM
Sun 12/07 @ Pittsburgh 3:15 PM
Sun 12/14 NY GIANTS 7:15 PM
Sat 12/20 BALTIMORE 7:15 PM
Sun 12/28 @ Philadelphia NOON

Philly 1/2
NYG 1/2
Was 2/2

Cleveland W
@ Green Bay W
Cincinnati W
@ Arizona W
@ St. Louis W
Tampa Bay W (because its at home is a large part)
49ers W
Seattle W
@ Pitt L
Baltimore W

So that comes out to three losses. I think that sounds about right with one more probably thrown in there somewhere. Pitt being at Pittsburgh in December late in the season, I can definitely see a loss there.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Season Schedule

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:12 am

I agree with the division win/loss

I'm betting on a Dallas win at Pittsburgh though...in it for the long haul this season...no mercy in the last month (I hope!) 8-o
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:42 pm

I think the schedule is tough but not that bad. We should be within a game or so of our record last year. If Adam Jones and our draft picks work out we will be vastly improved over last year.

I'm really looking forward to the season.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:38 pm

I really can see the cowboys only losing 2 games all year (assuming we have no significant injuries and do not rest anybody the last game of the year).

1 loss in the 6 NFC East games.

1 loss in the 3 following games: TB, SEA, @ PITS

@PITS will probably be a tough games, just because it's DEC and @ PITT. Seattle should be a great game. TB, ugh - they're a different team now, but we creamed them 2 years ago.

We'll probably rest the last game though and finish up 13-3 w/ the #1 seed
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tyeattolah » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Love what I'm seeing with ELi...he's right back to his old slinging method...another season of more INTs than TDs ...just what the doctor ordered!

Da boys have just got to keep their stuff in one bag this year!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ltsnead » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:34 am

The Dallas / Seattle game on Thanksgiving looks like it'll be a fun game to watch. Makes me even more ready for Thanksgiving.
ltsnead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Well 3-1. We have some things to think about for sure. We played horrible today against our bitterest rival. They made us into a one demensional team and the D simply can't stop anybody.

That better change real soon. We have some solid DB's that need to step up. It just seems so easy for the opponent to move down the field.

In our defense we have played a much tougher schedule that all of the NFC east contenders so far. The next 3 games are must wins and should be pretty easy.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re:

Postby DV8 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Philly 1/2
NYG 1/2
Was 2/2

Cleveland W
@ Green Bay W
Cincinnati W
@ Arizona W
@ St. Louis W
Tampa Bay W (because its at home is a large part)
49ers W
Seattle W
@ Pitt L
Baltimore W

So that comes out to three losses. I think that sounds about right with one more probably thrown in there somewhere. Pitt being at Pittsburgh in December late in the season, I can definitely see a loss there.

I agree with almost all of these picks... Obviously we have the one loss to Was already, but I can't see that happening again. Philly I think is done in the NFC East already... Though that Monday nighter was off the hook!!!
I think it's going to come down to the games vs. the G-Men? As much as I hate them, I can see them getting lucky. Their sched has been a lot lighter than the Boys so far [I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO PLAY SEA AND STL]
The Pitt and Bal games may pose a problem too. I can see them losing one of the two. It seems Bal has found their defense lately... That being said.. Felix Jones is amazing and I can also see his speed causing A LOT of problems for the AFC D's!!!
DV8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Well 5-3 is a bit worse than I thought we would be at this time but I'm happy with todays win against Tampa. The Boys held them in check even with good field position a few times. IF this is Wade calling the D then lets leave it like this. If you keep a team from scoring a TD you have a good chance of winning.

The D looked much improved but the Offense needs tuned now. With our Wr's moving down the field should be a cake walk against most D's. But its not. I feel like we are running on 50% power right now. Brad needs to step up and make those throws and the oline needs to open better holes for MB3. We also should get Felix back fairly soon.

The next 2 against NY and Wash are going to be tough. Henry is out next week against the Gmen and the Gmen apear to be a better team right now. Wash already beat us so you know it will be a challenge.
Cowboys 4 life

Next

Return to Dallas Cowboys