FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Moderator: Football Moderators

FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Anyone know if they're releasing one this yr?

(mod edit: please use this thread for all 2008 fantasy football magazine discussion) ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag?

Postby treat24 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 pm

http://footballguys.com/08fbgmagazine.php

1. You can wait and get one of the 100,000 distributed copies at various outlets (July 4th target date). Cost is $6.99 + tax.

2. You can buy one of the 4,000 we have available from us for $8.99 for US orders and $12.99 for international orders (shipping and tax included in this price) and get these extra values:
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:38 pm

It is already on newstands. I saw one at a local grocery store yesterday so I would assume they have been distributed most places.
Image
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5373
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag?

Postby treat24 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:39 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:It is already on newstands. I saw one at a local grocery store yesterday so I would assume they have been distributed most places.


After seeing the cover on FBG.com... I saw one last wednesday morning... so i would make the same assumption...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag? (and other mags thread)

Postby The Lung » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:44 pm

The FootballGuys one is indeed on stands in eastern Pennsylvania. I thumbed through it on Wednesday.

I also thumbed through the ESPN and NFL.com ones. One headline that grabbed by attention on one of the mags (I can't remember which one) was "The Next Adrian Peterson. (Hint: It's not Darren McFadden)" and when you opened up the magazine, the article was about Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. 8-o
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag? (and other mags thread)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:40 am

The Lung wrote:The FootballGuys one is indeed on stands in eastern Pennsylvania. I thumbed through it on Wednesday.

I also thumbed through the ESPN and NFL.com ones. One headline that grabbed by attention on one of the mags (I can't remember which one) was "The Next Adrian Peterson. (Hint: It's not Darren McFadden)" and when you opened up the magazine, the article was about Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. 8-o
]

Mustin been ESPN then... ;-)
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 62)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:34 pm

I picked up Fantasy Football Weekly as I do annually for some reading material. I completely forgot that Fanball overhauled their entire staff, I believe due to a takeover sometime this year. It is the same format but is definitely an inferior product. Ted Carlson is still one of the writers, and I like him, but they have lost other staples such as Bo Mitchell and Anthony Maggio who really made the mag an entertaining read. The new guys offer a bunch of worthless drivel and they don't exactly make me feel comfortable with their overall fantasy football knowledge. Really a disappointment as I enjoyed picking this up each year.
Image
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5373
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:46 pm

I've been using a magazine called 'Fantasy League Football 2008' and supposedly its the "#1 rated draft guide", but who knows how true that is...What I love about it though is that it isn't just one guy, or two guys offering up perspectives, its alot of combined opinions from knowledgeable people..That was the exact reason I passed up NFL.com's pre season fantasy magazine, because I felt like all of my advice would be offered up by Michael Fabiano, and while he's not the worst guy to take advice from he's still only one guy who can be wrong from time to time.

In this magazine it had a section from 9 different guys, two were editors, a few were staff writers, one was the rotobowl champion, rotobowl co founder, and a few other fantasy guru's, they all picked a list of sleepers, deep sleepers, while providing some key tips to draft strategies...On their player rankings it was 3 of those guys combining rankings and giving their input on projected stats and performance, I feel better spending my money on that then one guy from NFL.com and I've been pretty happy with it...I have to tweak the rankings of course with how my board is, and adjust accordingly for keeper or dynasty leagues, but I would say it was money well spent.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby treat24 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:02 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I've been using a magazine called 'Fantasy League Football 2008' and supposedly its the "#1 rated draft guide", but who knows how true that is...What I love about it though is that it isn't just one guy, or two guys offering up perspectives, its alot of combined opinions from knowledgeable people..That was the exact reason I passed up NFL.com's pre season fantasy magazine, because I felt like all of my advice would be offered up by Michael Fabiano, and while he's not the worst guy to take advice from he's still only one guy who can be wrong from time to time.

In this magazine it had a section from 9 different guys, two were editors, a few were staff writers, one was the rotobowl champion, rotobowl co founder, and a few other fantasy guru's, they all picked a list of sleepers, deep sleepers, while providing some key tips to draft strategies...On their player rankings it was 3 of those guys combining rankings and giving their input on projected stats and performance, I feel better spending my money on that then one guy from NFL.com and I've been pretty happy with it...I have to tweak the rankings of course with how my board is, and adjust accordingly for keeper or dynasty leagues, but I would say it was money well spent.


That magazine is almost always the first one on the shelves... so it will tend to be the most outdated. I almost always grab it just for some fantasy fun reading til fantasy football weekly comes out. I agree with BB24, This year's fantasy football weekly isn't the same. Same format, just not the same though. The one you bought ls2 has a decent amount of IDP rankings If I remember correctly.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Yes it has a very in depth IDP section that breaks down lineman, LB's and DB's, and also in the back it has the game logs for every player, QB, WR, Rb, TE, and lets you see how they produced week to week which is pretty handy...But I'll more then likely check out the FFF like you guys to have something to compare it to.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:06 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact