FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanx a bunch Treat for your assistance!!! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:54 pm

stomperrob wrote:Thanx a bunch Treat for your assistance!!! ;-D ;-D

no prob man! least I can do :-)

treat24 wrote:here you go rob:

NOTE: for IE7 users it may cut off the edge: CLICK HERE

I was gonna put colors in, but figured someone may wanna print it or something, who knows... people is crazy :)

bumping this to the new page :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:04 pm

is this better:

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:13 pm

fanball and rotowire are drinking some mcfadden koolaid... geez
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Wow, interesting how some rankings vary wildly from source to source.

Laurence Maroney appears in the 12th - 16th spots in all of the rankings, with the exception of the NFL.com in which he is not even in the top 20.

Willie Parker is ranked as high as 13th (SportingNews) but doesn't appear at all in the top 20 of the Rotowire or Athlon rankings.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm

The Lung wrote:Wow, interesting how some rankings vary wildly from source to source.

Laurence Maroney appears in the 12th - 16th spots in all of the rankings, with the exception of the NFL.com in which he is not even in the top 20.
NFL.com has Maroney at #21

Willie Parker is ranked as high as 13th (SportingNews) but doesn't appear at all in the top 20 of the Rotowire or Athlon rankings.
Rotowire has Parker at #29 (it has Mendenhall at #23!); Athlon has Parker at #21

I filled in the rankings in red above. I figured the top 20 rankings would give people a rough idea of how each mags rankings compare with their own personal ones - and obviously when ya get into the 21-40 range, the mags start to differ even moreso. (Might be interesting to contrast their Top 20 WR rankings also).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby ninremix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 am

Magazines are fun to read in the crapper but for the most part by the time they are released the out of date and player have been traded, injured, replaced, etc. (ie: Besnon, Shocky, ...)

If i had to pick a magazine for the most content i would say Fantasy Football Index (6.99 and it is 3 times the size of any other magazine)

Footballguys.com hands down for best articles, player bios, and expectations.

FantasyFootballCafe.com is the best place for up to date information and opinions.
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Athlon usually puts out an ok rag. but this year they have on the cover : "LT vs AP" ...

"AP"...

I will not buy it because of their ignorance. It's "AD" to people with a decent fantasy IQ and have followed him for years. You lost my 5-10 bucks Athlon for being idiots.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm

treat24 wrote:Athlon usually puts out an ok rag. but this year they have on the cover : "LT vs AP" ...

"AP"...

I will not buy it because of their ignorance. It's "AD" to people with a decent fantasy IQ and have followed him for years. You lost my 5-10 bucks Athlon for being idiots.

Seriously? They know better
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag? (and other mags thread)

Postby peterparker » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:50 am

The Lung wrote:The FootballGuys one is indeed on stands in eastern Pennsylvania. I thumbed through it on Wednesday.

I also thumbed through the ESPN and NFL.com ones. One headline that grabbed by attention on one of the mags (I can't remember which one) was "The Next Adrian Peterson. (Hint: It's not Darren McFadden)" and when you opened up the magazine, the article was about Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. 8-o

If you remember, what store did you see the footballguys one at? I've been looking around for one in SE Pa and haven't seen it at major bookstores or grocers.
peterparker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk