FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag? (and other mags thread)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:22 pm

peterparker wrote:
The Lung wrote:The FootballGuys one is indeed on stands in eastern Pennsylvania. I thumbed through it on Wednesday.

I also thumbed through the ESPN and NFL.com ones. One headline that grabbed by attention on one of the mags (I can't remember which one) was "The Next Adrian Peterson. (Hint: It's not Darren McFadden)" and when you opened up the magazine, the article was about Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. 8-o

If you remember, what store did you see the footballguys one at? I've been looking around for one in SE Pa and haven't seen it at major bookstores or grocers.

You can also order the Footballguys.com mag directly from their website.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag? (and other mags thread)

Postby peterparker » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:33 pm

stomperrob wrote:
peterparker wrote:
The Lung wrote:The FootballGuys one is indeed on stands in eastern Pennsylvania. I thumbed through it on Wednesday.

I also thumbed through the ESPN and NFL.com ones. One headline that grabbed by attention on one of the mags (I can't remember which one) was "The Next Adrian Peterson. (Hint: It's not Darren McFadden)" and when you opened up the magazine, the article was about Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart. 8-o

If you remember, what store did you see the footballguys one at? I've been looking around for one in SE Pa and haven't seen it at major bookstores or grocers.

You can also order the Footballguys.com mag directly from their website.

Sold out online. I finally found it at a Borders bookstore; it was on the magazine shelf with all the other mags, not on their special FF mag display thing.
peterparker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: FootballGuys Draft Mag (and other magazines thread)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Stewart isn't the next AD, but he is going to be something special
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Timbathia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

treat24 wrote:Athlon usually puts out an ok rag. but this year they have on the cover : "LT vs AP" ...

"AP"...

I will not buy it because of their ignorance. It's "AD" to people with a decent fantasy IQ and have followed him for years. You lost my 5-10 bucks Athlon for being idiots.

It is understandable as fantasy football magazines arent written for people with a decent fantasy IQ. The worthlessness of these publications to geeks like us has already been established in this discussion. These magazines are written for someone that only wants to prepare for their workplace or friends league draft by buying a mag with a cheat sheet in it on their way to the draft to refer too (I used to play in a league with a few of those guys). To those people he is AP.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:53 am

Timbathia wrote:
treat24 wrote:Athlon usually puts out an ok rag. but this year they have on the cover : "LT vs AP" ...

"AP"...

I will not buy it because of their ignorance. It's "AD" to people with a decent fantasy IQ and have followed him for years. You lost my 5-10 bucks Athlon for being idiots.

It is understandable as fantasy football magazines arent written for people with a decent fantasy IQ. The worthlessness of these publications to geeks like us has already been established in this discussion. These magazines are written for someone that only wants to prepare for their workplace or friends league draft by buying a mag with a cheat sheet in it on their way to the draft to refer too (I used to play in a league with a few of those guys). To those people he is AP.

Even here at the Cafe, there were several people who didn't know why he was called AD last year when it was posted, so it's understandable the magazines would use AP so as not to confuse the average reader.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:58 pm

Sports Illustrated released its "Fantasy football preview" issue (has David Tyree on the cover). They have Turner listed as the 11th best RB this year for fantasy.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:09 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Sports Illustrated released its "Fantasy football preview" issue (has David Tyree on the cover). They have Turner listed as the 11th best RB this year for fantasy.

reads: "do not use our rankings" :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:40 am

treat24 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:Sports Illustrated released its "Fantasy football preview" issue (has David Tyree on the cover). They have Turner listed as the 11th best RB this year for fantasy.

reads: "do not use our rankings" :-b

I read it yesterday on the plane. They are really terrible
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk