Fantasy Football Impact Report: Kevin Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Impact Report: Kevin Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Football Impact Report: Kevin Smith

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:02 am

BigBadBrawler wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Popcynical wrote:I thought this was about Kevin Smith... :-?

Got hijacked :-B

Quick Fix: So yeah, all these guys are better options than K.Smith...

There ya go... :-D ;-D

We weren't even talking about Kolby Smith :-D
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:38 pm

footballsimp wrote:LS2throwed wrote:
I didn't know you couldn't compare two players unless they went to the same conference *shrugs*

You can compare anyone with anyone but that doesn't make it a good comparison. I agree Alexander and Smith aren't in the same ballpark...they're barely playing the same sport IMO.

I'm going to need you to reference Jules Winfield when using that phrase...
;-D

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby brett5673 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:03 am

I think what it boils down to is who kevin Smith has around him and who he plays. If Detroit is actually decent, which i dont think they will be, and the o-line plays goos hell be okay. But hell have 6 tough matvhups against his division. And if youre worried about competition, not in the same position or year, but you shouldve also been worried about Brandon Marshall or Daunte Culpepper then. They both succeeded because of the people around them and it will have a big say in Smiths success
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 am

Did anyone actually watch the Det game last night? Was he as bad as his stats were? Of course all the rookie RBs had bad stat lines last night except possibly Hightower, so take it with a grain of salt.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:04 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Did anyone actually watch the Det game last night? Was he as bad as his stats were? Of course all the rookie RBs had bad stat lines last night except possibly Hightower, so take it with a grain of salt.

I do know that Smith outplayed Tatum, and thats one sign you want if your a Smith owner...Tatum ran with the starters too, I know he will have to play better to be the starter by week 1, but I didn't see Smith play.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:07 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Did anyone actually watch the Det game last night? Was he as bad as his stats were? Of course all the rookie RBs had bad stat lines last night except possibly Hightower, so take it with a grain of salt.

Didn't see it, but...

Running back Kevin Smith, a third-round pick, had 22 yards on eight carries (a 2.8-yard average) but showed some quickness and acceleration getting through the gaps.

Overall, Lions coach Rod Marinelli was pleased with the effort of his rookies, but there's a lot of room for improvement. I thought Kevin really showed some stuff. He's -- boom -- he hits it up there quick.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/inde ... thispage=2
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:30 pm

stomperrob wrote:

Didn't see it, but...

Running back Kevin Smith, a third-round pick, had 22 yards on eight carries (a 2.8-yard average) but showed some quickness and acceleration getting through the gaps.

Overall, Lions coach Rod Marinelli was pleased with the effort of his rookies, but there's a lot of room for improvement. I thought Kevin really showed some stuff. He's -- boom -- he hits it up there quick.

Mark me down as a loser, but I did watch some of the game. Tatum Bell looked slower than last year, if that is possible. Positives about Smith are that he hit the hole quicker than Slug Bell, he seemed to try to make moves while doing it, and he seemed to fall forward more times than not.
Negatives are that he didn't seem to have a sense of the speed-not unepected. The O-line wasn't opening up any holes. The run play calling was unimaginative. I think that most of his yardage came on a 3rd and forever draw play. Don't think they ever threw to him. May not be incorperating RBs into the pass game, but still way too early to tell. Smith also didn't break any tackles or make anyone miss. Again not much in the way of holes so...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:18 pm

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Didn't see it, but...

Mark me down as a loser, but I did watch some of the game. Tatum Bell looked slower than last year, if that is possible. Positives about Smith are that he hit the hole quicker than Slug Bell, he seemed to try to make moves while doing it, and he seemed to fall forward more times than not.
Negatives are that he didn't seem to have a sense of the speed-not unepected. The O-line wasn't opening up any holes. The run play calling was unimaginative. I think that most of his yardage came on a 3rd and forever draw play. Don't think they ever threw to him. May not be incorperating RBs into the pass game, but still way too early to tell. Smith also didn't break any tackles or make anyone miss. Again not much in the way of holes so...

I saw the replay and he ran well, just no holes to run through. He did pick up that 3 and 2 in the 2nd quarter that showed he has what it takes to be the short yardage back. He also picked up the blitz well. He only had about 12-15 snaps, most of which were running "up the gut." He was open on his wheel route by about 15 yards, but Orlovsky chose to hit the underneath WR. Would have been nice to get a look at him in space. I'm interested to see what he does with the first team in the next few games.

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk