Wallpaper Removal...what a job! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Wallpaper Removal...what a job!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Wallpaper Removal...what a job!

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:07 pm

knapplc wrote:I have removed wallpaper before. It's horrendous. People who buy wallpaper should be shot as they leave Home Depot. It's ridiculous. Our first house's basement was pretty much entirely wallpapered. It took forever to get that stuff off. This house, the former owners thought wallpaper border was a really neat accent, and they put it in every room. I still have to take it off of the downstairs bathroom, the wife's office and the family room. I did the living room, master bedroom, kitchen and upstairs bathroom already.

Seriously - if you think wallpaper is for you, maybe home ownership is NOT for you. :-S

Totally agree knapp. Personally I think the borders are the worst, at least with a whole wall full of paper when your arms get tired you can work on the lower sections, with the borders your arms are above your head the whole flipping time. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eastcoaster » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:08 pm

Metroid wrote:Totally agree knapp. Personally I think the borders are the worst, at least with a whole wall full of paper when your arms get tired you can work on the lower sections, with the borders your arms are above your head the whole flipping time. :-t

Yeah, borders are awful to remove. I hate wallpaper, and hate the removal even more. I removed some once that had been put on unprimed, unpainted walls (guess the owners did it instead of painting). It was really hard to remove without scraping parts of the wallboard (or whatever it's called) away. I had to do a bunch of spackling, drying, then sanding, etc. What a pain :-P
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Oh, and nice sig, Met ;-D . He's a monster :-D
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:41 pm

eastcoaster wrote:Oh, and nice sig, Met ;-D . He's a monster :-D

Thanks home slice, this is the first football sig I've ever done. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:27 pm

yeah man the ceiling was not papered but might as well have been...finally got the first layer off and a third of the room finished down to the drywall.

Tough part now is taking the light fixtures off the wall and getting in some of the little nooks and crannies...can't wait to paint.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 pm

you can also rent a wallpaper remover that is like a steamer but the spray bottle with DIF, Vinegar or Fabric Softner works just as good
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk