Brandon Marshall Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Marshall Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Marshall Question

Postby smalls23 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 pm

I have Brandon Marshall on a keeper league and was wondering if he was worth keeping despite his "off the field" trouble. He is a young player with a lot of potential but may be worthless if he keeps up his antics. Any thoughts would help....Should I look to trade him?
zharris23
http://www.ecouchcoach.com
Free Fantasy Football Leagues
smalls23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brandon Marshall Question

Postby BigBadBrawler » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:21 pm

He's a great receiver, he has great chemistry with Cutler, and DEN doesn't have anyone else of value to throw to. I'd hold onto him if you can. With his recent troubles, you probably wouldn't get fair value for him anyways, so no real point dealing him while his value is down. I'd just hang onto him for now... ;-D
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby smalls23 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:48 am

Thanks! I agree with you but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something!
zharris23
http://www.ecouchcoach.com
Free Fantasy Football Leagues
smalls23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 am

Me personally, I don't like the pattern he's shown lately in conflicts, and whether some people realize it or not he is very close to a one year suspension...It might take one more DUI, or some other sort of incident, but I remember when Cutler called him out on his character not too long ago and he's showing that he was onto something...I am really high on Marshall, and I don't think any WR has his upside outside of Calvin Johnson, but I just don't feel comfortable with those type of guys on my keeper or dynasty, because I want somebody I know 100% will be around.

Ask dynasty owners how they feel about Chris Henry, he was young with an incredible ceiling also, and everybody thought his little run-ins wouldn't make a difference, until all of them started adding up and now a team relying on him as a starter doesn't have him this season no matter how good he is...Thats sort of the way I feel about Marshall, I would rather take the same upside with a player like Fitz, obviously you may not have that option and I agree don't trade him unless you get that sort of value in return.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby footballsimp » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 am

He's top 12 on my WR list and he has great match-ups for the fantasy football play-offs if Im not mistaken. Keep him, at least this year.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:14 am

Broncos receiver Marshall racks up another brush with the law
By Alan Gathright, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just days after cautioning schoolkids about the importance of learning from his many mistakes last month, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall made some more.

Marshall, 24, was cited June 12 for straying from his lane and driving without a valid license or proof of insurance while traveling north on I-25 near Broadway. The incident, first reported Tuesday by CompleteColorado.com, was the latest blunder for the player, who has tried the patience of teammates and fans by failing to stick to oft-repeated vows to "grow up."

Marshall's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, didn't immediately reply to a request for comment Tuesday.

Marshall is increasingly at risk of losing his driver's license.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... gain-i-25/
Last edited by stomperrob on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Marshall's transgressions are no where as close to what Chris Henry did. Marshall has had some traffic problems and the DUI's are not good, but Henry has things like Assault and Battery and openly brandishing firearms in public. I'm not worried about Marshall's legal issues at this point.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:17 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Marshall's transgressions are no where as close to what Chris Henry did. Marshall has had some traffic problems and the DUI's are not good, but Henry has things like Assault and Battery and openly brandishing firearms in public. I'm not worried about Marshall's legal issues at this point.

Marshall's been arrested for domestic assault and police arrived at his house three times in three months when his girlfriend alleged he had punched her. He's also been charged with assaulting an officer and his dad claims he shot a gun at him during an argument. I'd say his indiscretions are pretty serious.

I was riding shotgun on this guy's bandwagon all offseason but his off the field incidents are really cause for concern. Still love his talent and potential but this guy just can't seem to stay out of trouble.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:23 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
Marshall's been arrested for domestic assault and police arrived at his house three times in three months when his girlfriend alleged he had punched her. He's also been charged with assaulting an officer and his dad claims he shot a gun at him during an argument. I'd say his indiscretions are pretty serious.

I was riding shotgun on this guy's bandwagon all offseason but his off the field incidents are really cause for concern. Still love his talent and potential but this guy just can't seem to stay out of trouble.

Ah ok I didn't realize he did all that.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:05 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:I was riding shotgun on this guy's bandwagon all offseason

Classic :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk