Brandon Marshall Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Marshall Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brandon Marshall Question

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:18 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Marshall's transgressions are no where as close to what Chris Henry did. Marshall has had some traffic problems and the DUI's are not good, but Henry has things like Assault and Battery and openly brandishing firearms in public. I'm not worried about Marshall's legal issues at this point.

As of lately it's been little things adding up with Henry, arguing with a valet attendant, things of that natured but it just starts to pile up, and with the way Goodell is cracking down I don't trust any player in dynasties with that sort of past, too many other options that you can trust in...Redrafts I'd take him but longterm you just don't know, he has shown some immaturity and all its going to take is one more minor incident to miss some games, he's skating a fine line right now.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm avoiding him all together unless he's around in the 7th round. Since that will never happen I going to stand pat and avoid him all together. :-°
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Axl's Army » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:08 pm

stay away unless you can get him later than his ADP. too risky to justify his ADP. if you were to draft him at his ADP & he gets in trouble what happens then? you're out the high draft pick you used to draft him, when you could have drafted a more reliable player.

but to answer the original posters question - should he hang on to him in a dynasty league? yes. his off the field issues will rob you of the value he possesses. but he could also get pac-manned & miss a year. you seem to be dammed if you, dammed if you don't.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:57 pm

It seems to me that it's very rare that these guys get in trouble during the season but it always seems like when they get in trouble it's in the off time. I think if the guy can make it to training camp with no other offenses he will be ok through the season. I just think they are too busy to get in trouble during the year but they seem to have alot of time on their hands when football isn't a top priority.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Polar Bear » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:14 pm

In redraft leagues I would take him and not worry much about it. In dynasties I would sell him high if I had him. After Chris Henry I don't invest with troubled players. I can't understand why these idiots can't stay out of trouble knowing how hard Goodell has been.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk